Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
blaire567

hey i need help, did i scar myself?

hey , i month ago i scrubbed my face wayyy to hard with baking soda , it pussed , it was like an open sore, scabbed a bit , and healed smoothly , but now its a totally red area , do u think this is a scar forever or just semi permanent redness , if so what can i do to treat it?

thx so much !

Is it like an obsessive compulsive kind of cleansing? put up a pic. Although I highly doubt its a scar, probly just red and shiny? I think I would use some neosporin creme which will probably sting badly for a few minutes, could be a minor infection.

How long has it been a total red area?

I second the use of neosporin cream, which should help to heal it, and if nothing else help prevent it from scarring.

Be gentle with it, let it do its thing. Give it a few months, and if it leaves a mark that won't go away, then I would move on to chemical exfoliation (AHA's). But not yet! Wait a long while before any more exfoliation.

Good luck smile.gif

It's probably not a permanent scar but you could have damaged the outer layer of your skin eusa_think.gif Redness can be caused by scrubbing/over-cleaning the skin.

Have you tried Avene products? They have a range for skin that is damaged by over-cleansing, it could work?

Although i doubt it is a scar, if it it is and doesn't go in the near future, there are always methods such as hyper-pigmentation, etc which can eliminate redness.

I too scrubbed too hard and it left a depressed area about the size of a nickel,

has this happened to anyone else? Will this raise back up?