Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

So, i just started on pro-activ three days ago...and i'm confused how to use it. I have super oily skin that basically doesn't dry out, that's not a problem for me. I was on tetracycline and Retin-A and that didn't do jack.

I've been really using the pro-activ because today i started breaking out like crazy.

Should i wash off the renewing cleanser or leave it on?

How the hell am i supposed to spread one "dime-sized drop" over my entire face? Should i just use the cream to cover my face or take a tiny drop and spread it real thin?

Should i wear the refining mask overnight, my skin is pretty f-ing tough.

Should i mostiurize after using the proactiv kit?

etc.

im pretty sure thats normal to breakout early.. yes u wash off the cleanser.. ur supposed to cleanse with it for 1-2 minutes than wash it off.. and u should wear the mask 2-3 times per week for 10 minutes... u should be using a moisturizer too.. i also used proactive for only 2 days but than i stopped using it because my acne consists of mostly black/whiteheads and i dont think its worth it for someone like me especially for the price.

I can you give one advise :

STOP using Proactiv!

Read around to find out why, and what you should do with acne

edit : actually nvm... I think you should at least try it on your own and see the results. Who knows... it might just be the answer for you.

Edited by natuerwild

hi i've been using pro activ for at least 2 years and it kept me under control i love the product

i put the acne gel all over twice a day and use an oil free moisturiser gel with it you can leave the mask over a breakout for the whole night

hi i've been using pro activ for at least 2 years and it kept me under control i love the product

i put the acne gel all over twice a day and use an oil free moisturiser gel with it you can leave the mask over a breakout for the whole night