Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
thenew

inital breakout

i think this was posted before but im not sure, has anyone else experienced an initial breakout at the start of the regimen?, so far it feels like my skin has got worse since i started using BP, i wash gently with cetaphil then gently apply zoderm in the morning which has 4.5 BP then use cetaphil moisturizer, at night i wash again with cetaphil and apply differin then cetaphil moisturizer again. Is there a chance that these products are not right for me because during the day my acne looks real bad and almost feel stopping it all together but im hoping its just an initial thing like my face has to get use to the products so i will be patient

thank you soo much in advanced for any help

well, a couple things i can point out is that you're using a 4.5 BP, 2.5 is recommended and anything over might irritate your skin, causing more acne. the other thing i see is that you're using different products in the morning and night, don't do this. keep consistent, only, and only when you're clear can you start to change things around.

Most of the people who post here aren't derms, doctors, nurses or even pharmacists, so for anyone here to really offer you advice you should be doing the regimen, which doesn't inclued zoderm. But from what I know in general, the stronger bp you use the worse off it will be at first. The reason Dan recomends 2.5% is because it is proven to be just as effective as even 10% but with less initial irritation. But in general, listen to Kuhoolish and bear in mind that the bp will probably work in any % but it takes time, initial breakouts are to be expected.

Some people do experience initial breakouts. But it's impossible to tell with you whether it has to do with the bp or the retinol you're using, differin. 2.5% bp is best, but 4.5% is probably ok until you can get your hands on some 2.5%.

hey thanks alot guys, the only reason i use both zoderm and diffirin is that my derm said too, and dan, does diffirin contain 2.5% BP? maybe i will just do zoderm once a day if it is 4.5 and nothing else does that sound ok? well anyway thanks alot and if anyone knows anything else about inital break outs i would really appreciate the help

differin is a completely different topical to bp... 2 different chemicals... diferrin and benzol peroxide... 2 different products.