Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

This may not be exactly on topic (or it can, depends), but I was wondering if anyone else feels like this.

Throughout my life, there have been very, very few people I have managed to really "connect" with. It's hard to explain...but I've always felt very distant from other people. Almost everyone I meet, at school or anywhere else, we just don't "click". Not that I dislike them or them me...but it's like there's this wall or big space between us. And it's not like I have nothing in common with anyone, or that I'm too shy or nervous to talk to people,....I don't why this is. I'd blame it on acne, but I don't think it's that. Even as a kid I've always felt like there's something pushing me away from people. I've tried and tried to fix this, but it's just not working.

lol I know I'm probably sounding like an annoying kid saying noone understands him, but I really think there's something wrong. There was this girl at school that I liked so damn much, we had a lot of things in common and I really thought that something would happen...but again that distance, that invisible barrier just cut of any connection. I've never had that big of a problem with feeling alone, but that just killed me that it didnt work out. I would have given anything in the world for it...but doesn't work that way I guess. It's hard for me to admit it, but I'm tired of being alone all the time. I honestly feel like I wasn't ment for this world.

just had to get it off my chest

there's nothing wrong with venting this stuff out, the invisible wall thing you're talking about is interesting.

i don't think that was put there, i think you might have put that there. i'm no doctor, but i just think you need to change something about yourself, you need to do something to break that barrier. i don't think people just won't "click" with you, subconciously, you might not be allowing it.

Im no doctor either but I most definately identify with you, I have the same prob. sometimes the reason you cannot figure out why the wall has been put there, is because something has happened to you at an early age that you cannot remember (im not talking about false memory bullcrap) for me (and yes I do remember) it was early childhood abandonment, the thing is even though I think this is whats causing the wall, I cannot break that wall, no matter what. so like you Im stuck. The question is what will it take to break that wall?

This shouldn't matter if you're comfortable in your own company and like spending time with yourself... are you and do you?

do you have a lot of insercurities... besides acne?

"It's surprising how many persons go through life without ever recognizing that their feelings toward other people are largely determined by their feelings toward themselves, and if you're not comfortable within yourself, you can't be comfortable with others."

~ Sydney J. Harris

Well I don't hate myself, if that's what you mean. This disease does bring my self-image down a lot sometimes, but I think I have a few good things going. I like spending time alone...but I'm tired of being alone all the time. And now especially after the thing with the girl...it's starting to really bother me. Just once I wish that things would have....ah nvm.

Cheese, even if one is comfortable with themselves and enjoys their time alone, they will still need people and connections. I think we all do. Otherwise, we would probably each have our own private island on which we could stand alone.

Kuhoolish - I liked your post.

Game over - You and your situation are unique, but you're not alone is longing for and perhaps lacking a significant connection with another much of the time. I think Kuhoolish's post could be a possibility, but it is difficult to say. Have you ever spoken to anyone about this - maybe even a psychotherapist or the like? If you are similar to me, you may sometimes feel you need to but still cannot quite bring yourself to share so much of yourself. If you have, congratulations but it seems you may be needing more.

It is important to attempt to at least lessen the barrier somehow, but isn't easy to know how.

You may have to examine your life to date and your reactions to the events that occured, or your present fears and feelings, which I think you are trying to do.

This might sound silly, but do you consider yourself a sensitive person?

This could be so far from who you are, and I apologize, but I recently discovered something about myself that is slowly helping me understand who I am and why I am this way - and it was purely accidental. I'm not sure many people have heard about this, but if you go to: www.the-bright-side.org and go to the left (Feeling Down), then scroll down until the topic Are you highly sensitive?, you can learn a bit more. Only a small percentage of the population have this trait, and that is often why they have felt so different and disconnected.

Again, this could be completely not you, but I thought it was worth mentioning, in the small case it could be. If so, I hope it can bring some hope as it did for me.

I actually began a thread in the support section for this.

Otherwise, I truly hope you find what you need to understand and give you a starting point on a journey to more peace and connections.

Best wishes,

Li