Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Well I went out tonight and met a girl who I knew from school who is really beautiful. She had one spot, and I think I focused on it too much. Don't get me wrong, I don't care at all about one spot, acne really doesn't bother me. But since i've cleared up, this girl seemed to be uncomfortable when I was talking to her, like she was trying to cover it or something. Maybe I was looking at it, but it was an accident, I really didn't mean to.

Do you think she felt like she wasn't looking her best because of this spot? I really tried not to look at it as all. Maybe I tried too hard.

Could anyone tell me about their experiences with other people when you've maybe looked at their skin too much, and you didn't really mean to. eusa_angel.gif

yeah i have actually been in both situations- Before I was clear, I used to have difficulty looking people in the eyes if I had a big spot, or I would do all sorts or crazy things, like placing my hands in weird positions, or covering my face with my hair, and other weird things to just hide the spot. I remember feeling so uncomfortable and awkward when people's eyes went around my face looking at all the pimples.

Now that i am clear, I find myself loking at peoples skin more, like I am trying to diagnose them or something. And I honestly don't mean to do it. But I guess I just want to convince myself that my skin is better than theirs or something, to make myself feel better. But I find that people just get really uncomfortable, which is normal when you are being scrutinized!!!

So, basically, I would suggest that you try and focus into her eyes, or tell her how beautiful she is, because it will make her less self conscious. Compliment her on something non-skin related, like her hair or outfit, and just giver her genuine compliments and tell her you like her. I find that always used to work for me when my skin was bad- basically anything that you can do to make her feel beautiful, will make her totally like you.

Good Luck!

I cannot believe this lol... come on dude, you're how old? Ever heard of self control? wink.gif

i've started to scan peoples faces because i notice people have started scanning mine, i feel bad because i know if the person realised what i was doing it would make them feel bad. i have to stop.

i've started to scan peoples faces because i notice people have started scanning mine, i feel bad because i know if the person realised what i was doing it would make them feel bad. i have to stop.

I cannot believe this lol... come on dude, you're how old? Every heard of self control?  wink.gif

It's difficult, it's like when you look at a girls boobs by accident. It's almost involuntary.

Guest Marino

Once you go through acne and learn about it you become this wierd social acne detector and scan everyones face.

I'm sure overwight people on overweight forums do the same thing when they go to the gym,

i'm sure the bald people from the bald forums do the same thing when they go out to the hairdresses.

I had a friend who's doing pyschology at uni and she says it has to do with our own insecurities and the only way to deal with the constant "scanning" of others is to deal with your self first.

I don't by that shit though i like it when a girl has 1 or 2 spots, make them seem more human and somewhat non-sexually invincible.

By the way are you a lesbian or a guy?

Well, I know if I was on a date, and I had a spot, and the guy stared at it? I'd hate it, it would make me feel really crap. Take her out again, and compliment her loads, and DON'T stare at any imperfections.

Well I wasn't staring at it, i'm not that obvious, but I think my eyes sort of flicked to it. It's the type of thing that guys do when they're trying to look at a girls boobs without her noticing.

You're right, I should have complimented her, that would have made her feel less insecure.

Girls always notice when g\uys who try to look at their boobs without them noticing. I find it really annoying.

Guest tenshigirl25

why are u here "face of a star"?

Guest tenshigirl25

yeah that would b ok but not in a forum that deals with emotions and physcological effects of acne. taking the piss is not the same as being light hearted.

Well, me last year, when I was completely clear sometimes I brought the subject up with my sister, who already had acne, even if she is 3 years younger than me... All I wanted to do was help her, because I had a bit of bacne, and she didn't, but she had in the face...so, sometimes I asked her what she used in her back...

Or maybe sometimes I noticed her skin improved I would tell her...but every time, she used to got nervouse and tried to change subject as son as she could....

I didn't understand her, because we are sisters and we can talk about anything...

Now I do, I really understand her, and she knows I do....in fact now we can talk about it, since now I too have facial acne, and give each others tips, and such....

But with other people, I get imbarassed and start to look around....I can't do it..I really can't...