Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Ok_what now?

Post-Dermabrasion Dryness

I'm about 3.5 weeks post-dermabrasion and my skin is still dry. Not a flaky dry, but a tight dry. I have to go back to school in a little over a week. How long did it take until you could apply just one coat of lotion over your sunblock & it would last at least a few hours. I have to reapply lotion like every 30-45 min. and it makes my face completely white w/ lotion.

If I end up still having a dry face like now I'm thinking I'm just going to coat my face in white lotion and go to school like that...reapplying during the passing periods in the bathroom. I guess I'll just say I'm taking some medication that makes my face very dry and I want to be comfortable. doubt.gif

Any suggestions?

What kind of moisturizer are u using? You can get a moisturizer that is not white, and will go on invisable.

Hey A-PRO. Have you tried Emu oil? It won't break you out and is SUPER moisturizing. Also, Clinique has a CLEAR, oil free EYE gel called "All About Eyes" - it is a great moisturizer and depuffer and feels absolutely fabulous on a dry face (especially if you keep it in the frig.) I have a couple of other suggestions (they all worked for me post-derm), but will spare you unless you want more. Best of luck to you. Cheers!

your fellow Dallasite,

butterfly

I just got a sample of Aveeno moisturizer. It says it is a calming moisturizer and reduces redness. It is new and goes on clear. I have read previous posts of derm patients and they said the redness after showers and exercise/heat is a side effect from dermabrasion that takes time to go away but after about 6 months most seem to be happy.

Also, how are your results from the dermabrasion?

I just got a sample of Aveeno moisturizer. It says it is a calming moisturizer and reduces redness. It is new and goes on clear. I have read previous posts of derm patients and they said the redness after showers and exercise/heat is a side effect from dermabrasion that takes time to go away but after about 6 months most seem to be happy.

Also, how are your results from the dermabrasion?

They suggest starting with the Eucerin cream then move to the lotion. After those samples run out you move to the Cetaphil Cream and then the Cetaphil Lotion. Once my samples ran out I bought a new bottle of Cetaphil Lotion and have continued to use it daily. Eucerin is heavy, thick, and pasty and I was glad when I didn't have to use that one anymore. The Cetaphil is much smoother and easier to work with, it glides right on, but it will be evident you're mosturized.

Having been through the procedure myself twice, I know the great effect soon after the scabs come off.

Sorry to burst your bubble, but the true improvement won't be known until about six months afterwards.

There is too much swelling post-dermabrasion to accurately see the results.

There is improvement, but maybe not as much as you see soon afterwards.

It's been more than three weeks. All swelling is gone by week 2...3 at the most.

I never got a scab b/c of the vigilon dressing. I barely swelled. I had all my skin back by day 3.

Hey A-pro somewhere on your website you should mention that the site is for entertainment purposes, I dont know where you are, but offering to assassinate people for money , is about 25 years in prison, I dident see anywhere on your site that said it was a joke, And according to my information it would be prosecutable, you have a written offer to bump people off in exchange for a specific amount of money, district attorneys prosecute people all the time with far less or even no evidence.