Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Fuman

ur thought on ppl w/acne b4 u had it?

Any thoughts? Did you think they were disgusting ?

Did you not care?

Did you feel sorry for them?

I guess I wanna know if im being as paranoid about people and acne as I should be or not?

I never noticed other people's skin before my own got bad. And then I only noticed it because I was comparing it with my own to see if mine was worse!

Looking back, I remember only two people having acne - one because she was 'odd', and happened to have acne...and the other because I was there when someone asked him a direct question about what medication he was on. I didn't really feel anything - not even sorry for them (as I didn't know how awful it feels to have bad skin until I had it myself) Once my own skin was crap I did feel sorry for them cos I could appreciate what they were going through.

There were 1350 kids in my school - there must have been more than two of them with acne, so I wouldn't worry too much about what other people think! You'll always get a couple who'll push it, but most people won't even notice.

i can remember completly falling in love with this guy who had really bad acne- never bothered me all that much- so long as he was confident and fun to be around. biggrin.gif

Well, I can honestly say that I didnt care about acne on others.

But then again, I was like 11 or some shit.

The only thing on my mind at the time was Nintendo, TMNT and Power Rangers.

LOL.

I can honestly say that I didn't notice it on others - whatsoever.

But its a different kettle of fish when i have it. :'(

It's more about what I think rather than what others

think when they look at my face.

I had, and still do have friends with acne when my skin was picture-perfect. Some are clear now, but others are still struggling to cope with it, and I am grateful that I've got all of 'em because the experience is now mutual, and we're each other's support group.

Back then, I knew they had skin problems, but it didn't affect me, as I just simply didn't care. And no, I did not think they were disgusting. As a matter of fact, it was more of sympathy, because they are your friends and you feel sorry for them for not having better skin for being such great people.

This may sound mean, but I used to be thankful whenever I see a person/stranger in public with a bad case of acne, and think that this would never happen to me (and thank God, count my blessings and feel so very lucky), at least not in this lifetime, since people were always admiring my skin, yadda yadda yadda! I was downright b*tchy about it. It's probably superstition, but I suppose I jinxed myself by thinking that way.

At a moment in time, I used to think to myself sometimes that maybe this was God's way of keeping me in check, his little punishment, because I feel that if I had great skin still, I would be vivacious, vain (or narcissistic), and plain high and mighty.

Since being hexed, I've noticed people's skin alot more as some have pointed out before me. I believe it's one of those things you take for granted when you have it, and then want it back when it's been taken away from you.

thanks for your replies so far.........I didn't really care about anyones skin really until I got it..................

very very weird.

I never cared about other peeps acne before I had it. I care about mine a whole lot and I actually notice now when a person has acne. I can relate to that person.

I didn't notice it on people either. I do remember my uncle telling me he had acne, and then I noticed he had it. I remember telling him just to wash his face w/ a washcloth and maybe it would go away eusa_doh.gif

if i saw someone with acne, i didn't care. it didn't bother me or anything, didn't make me think any less of them.

[ eusa_eh.gif it all started when first time i saw someone wid acne...there was one girl in my school who had severe acne... yups i didnt care abt that..but when i got a pimple i actually started worrying that i might become like that girl...and so worrying abt acne makes it worst...if i hadnt seen that girl im sure i would have been lot better..Same as evryone, i nevr insulted anyone who got acne..and didnt cared,nevr noticed ..till i got it on my own face eusa_wall.gif

Guest TylerD
I never noticed other people's skin before my own got bad.  And then I only noticed it because I was comparing it with my own to see if mine was worse!

Looking back, I remember  only two people having acne - one because she was 'odd', and happened to have acne...and the other because I was there when someone asked him a direct question about what medication he was on.  I didn't really feel anything - not even sorry for them (as I didn't know how awful it feels to have bad skin until I had it myself)  Once my own skin was crap I did feel sorry for them cos I could appreciate what they were going through.

There were 1350 kids in my school - there must have been more than two of them with acne, so I wouldn't worry too much about what other people think!  You'll always get a couple who'll push it, but most people won't even notice.

The only time I ever noticed someones acne before I got it was if it was really severe. I remember this one kid whose whole face was just covered in acne, no clear areas at all. I just felt sorry for him really, but apart from that I never really noticed anyone elses.

Oh, btw, in his last year of school, when he was 16 this kids acne cleared up really well. He was heavily scarred but he had no active acne. I think he must have went on accutance.

I remember before I had acne, and I saw people with it, I thought 'Thank f*** I dont have spots on my face.....that will never happen to me.'