Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
EarPlug

Why only wash your face twice a day.

I wash my face in the morning and night. Twice a day is what I saw is reccomended, but my face gets real oily/greasy throughout the day. I want to wash it more than twice. Will it make my skin too dry though?

If you wash more than twice a day your kinda being counter productive because it will dry out your face more, it will wash away the bp thats on your skin and it will also irritate your skin more. If you can really try not to wash a third time and just try and deal with the oil, Im not sure but it would probably be safe to try and gently soak up some of the oil with those oil soaking up sheets.

The idea is to not touch your acne, to let it heal itself without interference. When you wash it, technically you're doing just the opposite, so it can not only make your acne worse but encourage acne under your skin to come up.

Plus, as CDT said, it dries your face out.

I had the same problem so instead of washing a 3rd time I blot my oily face with toilet paper. Blot it very gently and you'll see how much of the disgusting oil absorbs into the TP. I do it like 2 or 3 times over the course of the day depending on if I'm going out or not. Good luck

Im in a similar boat Earplug, first you should listen to what was posted, but second I renovate houses during the day and always come home around 6 with plaster or dust or paint or sawdust or whatever all over me, not too mention sweat, so I typically wait it out till the evening or just splash my face with water and blot with a clean towel, just dont overuse your cleanser, trust me it makes things worse.

You feel the need to wash more often because of oilness?

When you fash your face, you get rid of the oil. But because of this, your face becomes dry. So your body produces oil.

When you face often in a day, your skin dries more often and thus, it encourages the body to produce even moreoil. So facing your face often will harm your skin confused.gif

What you should think is, washing twice a day would clean your face, instead of getting rid of the oil. I know how tempting it is to face your face because you feel very oily..... that's why I suggest you get one of those oil sheet to get rid of the oil.

That's the general idea.... I hope it somewhat help you.