Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Boooqui

Regimen is working on perimenopause acne

Never had acne before, but since turning 53 have experienced many of the lovely symptoms of menopause, including acne. Especially masses of whitehead along sides of nose and bumpy forehead, whiteheads here and there, now and then on chin and around mouth. I could tell that my regular system which has served me well for years (Olay gentle wash and Olay sensitive skin moisture daily, with Neutrogena Pore Refining Cleanser and Toner with AHA -- recommended by dermatology nurse sister-in-law...) wasn't doing enough for me (although it has kept my skin in great shape and no one can believe I'm 53...)

So, somehow found this website and was convinced enough to try the Regimen. I've seen great results in one week. Down to one or two small outbreaks on one side of nose. Chin and mouth area totally clear, forehead less bumpy.

I especially recommend watching the videos on how to wash, apply BP gel, and apply moisturizer. Really drives home being gentle (Gentle MEANS gentle.)

One thing I don't see on this site is what to do about your face after hot flashes, when the sweat pours down. I'm trying what is recommended for people after workouts, which is just pat dry, don't touch. Also, if it's really bad, I might splash water on and then apply a tiny bit of moisturizer if I feel tight, and wait until the next regularly scheduling Regimen... Seems to be OK.

So, you Sisters struggling with menopausal acne, I encourage you to give this a try. Keep the faith!

The regimen works phenomenally well for women and men in their 40s and 50s. I get tons of email from the perimenopausal crowd smile.gif As far as the sweats go, just pat dry. I would refrain from washing any more than twice a day if you can help it. Maybe an ice pack? I dunno. I have no idea what I'm talking about obviously.

Not that you'll need this information, Honey, but I'd have to submerge in an ice bath to make a difference. redface.gif FYI, a truly strong hot flash results in skin temp increasing 10 degrees, and profuse perspiring. For me, that means rivulets of sweat pouring down my face for 5 minutes or so. The acne is located right where the rivers flow, so managing the area is important. I'll try the pat dry only, pat dry plus periodic splash of water, etc, and report back to the site with results.

[Your dedication to others is inspiring me to be helpful!]

Boooqui