Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
brazord

New Benzaclin Question

I recently visited a derm and she prescribed Benzaclin to me and told me to apply it once a day either at morning or at night (she said it doesn't matter). I'd prefer to apply it at night because I don't wanna have the stuff all over my face during the day but it's better to do it in the morning I will....what do you guys think?

Also, should I wash with Cetaphil anti-bacterial soap, rinse with cold water, and then apply the Benzaclin 15 minutes later like I would with Dan's Regimen? Thanks for any replies.

I apply Benzaclin at night; otherwise, it will make my skin all dry during the day.

I'm about to give that cetaphil a try. I'm using St Ives Apricot Scrub right now, and its kinda harsh. How gentle is cetaphil?

I don't wait to apply it after washing. Maybe I should...? lol

:)

caline

I've found the Cetaphil to be very gentle and it's made for sensitive skin....so it seems to work good. How is your acne doing with Benzaclin by the way??

never been prescribed benzaclin {probably the ONLY thing I haven't tried} but I think your theory seems solid. Using it at night also allows a deeper sinking in of the meds while your face is resting & repairing.

namaste'

I first used Benzaclin about 2 years ago. I saw amazing results while using it in conjuction with minocycline. In 5 months I was completely clear and stayed that way for over a year. However, within the last 7 months, my skin has taken a turn for the worse, and my derm. is no longer prescribing me Benzaclin. I wanted to give it another shot, but she's suggesting I try Retin A.

I hope Benzaclin works as great for you as it did for me. I applied it twice a day, usually a thin layer only over active pimples in the morning, and more generously at night. I also applied Differin at night as well.

Hope this helps!

Cool...One question: What's minocycline? (Is that an antibiotic?) My derm prescribed me an antibiotic: Amoxillicin (sp?)

Do you think amoxicillin as an oral antiobiotic will be effective in conjunction with the Benzaclin?? Thanks.

My derm just prescribed me benzaclin its my 4 night using it and I been using it all over my cheeks and nose where all the blackheads are. But my kin has become more redder and drier and itchy since using this. Also I just started taking Minocycline pills. I have very sensitive skin and also diagnosed with roscea and seborheic dermatitis maybe this will worsen my condition? :D :-s