Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
myopics

The Story Of My Face

Well, today marks the first week on me being on the regimen. Ive decided to create a log to chart my progress as well as serve as reference for any others who must have the same skin type/problems as me.

Prelude:

Before the regimen, all my pimples were concentrated on the left cheek. With one or two stray ones on my forehead. My nose area, chin and right cheek were completely clear. I dunno why, but the darn left cheek had at least 3 large active pimples on it, with about 5-7 small developing pimples and tons of scars/marks from previous pimples.

This was my previous (unsuccessful) routine:

Morning

-Wash with water

-Apply oxy 10% BP to problem areas

Afternoon

-Wash with oxy face wash

-Apply Neutrogena Toner (really good for smooth feeling)

Night

-Wash face with 2% salicylic acid

-Apply oxy 10% BP

Well, this routine was probably too harsh on my skin. It was however, helpful in containing my pimples to the problem areas and preventing them from spreading further.

<To be continued...>

Phase One (approx. the first 3 days)

Before I started, I had these annoying small pimples that had been there for ages (even before the big ones) but refused to grow big enough to be popped; they weren't really visible, but I knew they were there and my skin just felt rough and gross. Well, they were the first victims of the regimen, all the small undeveloped pimples were on he morning after. The big ones were still there as usual though.

The next day, the medium-sized pimple on my forehead, which was the only one outside my problem area (the cheek) swelled up and became very painful during the day. I got pissed and clawed at my forehead until it burst. I then squeezed out all the pus and washed it. After that, I just applied the 2.5% BP over the newly clawed pimple and carried our the regimen as per normal. The clawed pimple continued to swell like a huge mosquito bite for sveral hours after that, then it went down completely and didnt even leave a scar. Once again, the big pimples on my problem area, the cheek, remained.

On the third day, the pimples on my cheeks were still there. But they didnt hurt anymore despite still being the same size. I decided to conduct an experiment, I would pop one and leave the other one as it was while still continuing to apply BP and see which one healed faster. So I burst one with a clean needle and quickly squeezed out the pus and dabbed it off before any fluid could touch the rest of my skin. I then applied BP as per normal and carried on...

<to be continued>

Phase Two (4th to 7th day)

The next day, I was eager to see how the previous day's "experiment" went. Interestingly, the popped pimple had gone down completely while the un-popped one had only shrunk slightly. So I decided to pop the other one as well, making sure I was clean and the pus and flid didnt touch the rest f my face. Since my last pimple was popped I now had no active pimples on my face at all. But there were lots of ugly scars still present.

That very night, after I awoke from my nap, I could barely open my eyes at all. When I looked in the mirror, I noticed that the skin around my eyes and chin had dried up and was cracking and peeling off. I used the neutrogena toner from my previous routine to wipe off the dead skin, making sure that I didnt wipe over the areas where I had BP applied.

Over the next couple of days, the areas where BP wasn't applied on (ie. my chin, eyes, temple...) continued to dry up and flake off. I was starting to develop brown spots like an old person from the peeling skin. I didn't know what was causing it, all I could do was wipe off the dead skin with the toner.

I finally discovered that my cleanser was the culprit for my dry skin. So I limited applying cleanser to only my forehead and cheeks. After I dry my face, the skin becomes quite tight. So I decided to apply the AHA toner in between the cleansing and BP step. This caused my skin to look really really shiny and glossy, but at least it sloved the peeling skin problem.

On a brighter note, I no longer had any active pimples on my face, although the scars still remain. However, I have noticed some very minor swelling (?) of the pores on my previously clear nose area.

Anyways, thats pretty much the story up ill now. Ill upgrade the log at the next sign of progression. It should be a very interesting process. lol.gif

<to be continued>

This is definitely not the regimen, but if you don't have luck with what you're doing, I do recommend trying the regimen that is outlined on the site. 2.5% will work as well without the irritation, and not mixing it with salicylic acid will cut down on irritation as well.

This is definitely not the regimen, but if you don't have luck with what you're doing, I do recommend trying the regimen that is outlined on the site.  2.5% will work as well without the irritation, and not mixing it with salicylic acid will cut down on irritation as well.

Phase 3 (Day 7-10)

Bah, this got to be the dullest phase ever. Theres...... absolutely nothing new to report. My skin is still peeling, no new pimples have appeared and the old scars are still there. Bah...

<to be continued>

Phase 4 (Day 10- 21)

Well, I had a breakout this week, and I went crazy and popped everything. Anyways, it healed pretty fast after that. Theres now 1 medium pimple on my face that cant be popped cuz it isnt a whitehead. I think the moisturizer is helping lots cuz my skin stopped peeling completey. Anyways, my scars are healing nicely and I look like a girl now cuz my face is glossy all the time, bah! eusa_wall.gif

Phase 5 (Day 21-30)

Argh! Im dying here. My skin is still dully average. I get this like tons of annoying mini-pimples, which are really small lumps with a scab at the end which just makes me feel like clawing them off. I also get like 2 new pimples per week, and they replenish the scars just as the scars of the previous week fade. I feel like just quitting and stabbing and peeling my face off now... sad.gif

Phase 5 (Day 21-30)

Argh! Im dying here. My skin is still dully average. I get this like tons of annoying mini-pimples, which are really small lumps with a scab at the end which just makes me feel like clawing them off. I also get like 2 new pimples per week, and they replenish the scars just as the scars of the previous week fade. I feel like just quitting and stabbing and peeling my face off now...  sad.gif