Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Guest delta force operators

At what age did you get your diet together?

At what age did you get your healthy diet together?

Do you still cheat?

Whats helps you to not cheat?

And what books do you reccoment, and no bad diet brainwashing books, too much brainwashing mind viruses going on in this society, thats why we got acne.

I'm right now getting my diet together at 16

I have to eat the dinner my mum puts in front of me so yeah sometimes (I eat loads of green and blacks also - oops but at least it's organic)

I don't know why but I make little conversations with my organs and they tell me what they like and don't like, their interests and hobbies and such. It helps. It also helps me think I am great for doing this so that helps.

Fopr example I will go to have some fizzy and my kidney will start crying saying i always try to hurt him so I try to condole him but he says you don't love me so I drink a glass of water and say I wont have any fizzy and he says i love you you know. it's odd but it works for me. Personification of my organs.

I would say I started to change my diet around 2 years ago.. I'm 27 now. Over that course of time my diet has gotten better and better. I'm now on a diet that consists of gluten/wheat free foods, fruits, veggies, occasional meat, vitamins, and human strain probiotics. I still cheat about once a week. Last night I had a chocolate cruissant but it didn't affect my skin. You have to spoil yourself once in a while. I know I do so I don't go insane. I love chocolate so I treat myself once a week. What helps me not to cheat is to have absolutely no junk food around my house and of course, pure will power. It helps if the people you live with or hangout with eat healthy too. BTW, my cystic and back acne is gone. I've been acne free for about a year.

i started trying to eat healthy at 17, but i what i thought was healthy wasn't actually THAT healthy... mostly because i didn't take into account digestion. i've always had constipation issues, so i need to be careful not only with what i eat, but also how much i eat and when i eat (not too much and not too frequently). but when i started out, i didn't realize that there was a relationship between my skin and elimination (and it's a HUGE relationship for me). but now, i'm 19, and i know i'm on the right track for sure. i know what foods are easiest to digest, so i mostly stick to those.

i cheat occasionally. basically i know that as long as i can digest it well, i'll be fine. cheese is probably the worst thing i can eat, because it's so constipating. anyway, i generally try to follow these rules when i cheat: http://www.askshelley.com/faq.php?p=default&cat=42#a41

one thing that really helps me not to cheat is to knowing how to make healthy foods that actually taste good. i started cooking a few months ago... it really helps to be able to cook. i pretty much live off of this: http://www.askshelley.com/faq.php?p=default&cat=49#a27

i don't know of any great books, really... i do all my reading (on this kind of thing) on the internet.

I'm 17 years old, and surfing here I have learned so much things about how an healthy diet and lifesyle can make a difference about acne, skin texture, etc...

So, I will begin by trying to eat more alkalinizin food, instead of acidifin ones, more fruits and veggies....

My bigger problems would be dairy, bread and pasta...(I love it so much...), but I'll stay with it...I think I'll do almost anything for clear skin....

My nutrition (the word diet has bad conotation) is constantly improving. I first started eating healthier when I was 17. It not until recently that I believe I have achieved a close-to-optimal nutrition plan. I'm 21 now.

I rarely "cheat". The best way to not cheat is daily reinforcement such as reading this forum, reading http://www.mercola.com/blog/, and reading books about health.

I highly recommend everyone get a copy of Paul Chek's How to Eat Move and Be Healthy. It is by far the best book on health available today. You'll learn more in this book than you will scouring the entire internet for health information.

when i was about 17 too. i learned about eating organic foods. but 2 years later i learned that it's not enuf. now its "organic" and "raw" i cant afford to cheat at this moment but during times of despair i do pig out very badly.

i would like to some more feeback come on guys

Healthy diet as in what's healthy for my skin and in treating my metabolic/hormonal disorder? it would be Age 22. I tried other dietary changes prior to this, but due to lack of a proper diagnsosis and (knowledge of) scientific evidence, I found I wasn't really doing what was "healthy for my skin" or because there were still unfavorable foods in my diet I was unable to see a connection. Ever since changing my diet accordingly, these past few of years I've been tweaking my diet so that it's more nutritonally sound as well.

When I cheat, it's usually something that allows trans fats in my diet like my fav. resturant French Fries or possibly these Flavored Fried Chicken Wings as trans fats doesn't seem to give me acne (messes with my pores). I may do this 1x a month or wait as long as 3 months but it's only for those foods, otherwise no trans fats in my life. So, other than that, I do not (knowingly) cheat.

What keeps me from cheating is seeing the extremely stubborn cystic nodular acne that results (major deterrant). Seeing the pustules (not as big a deterant). Seeing the enlarged pores (moderate deterrant) that result depending on what they of food or trans fats I've consumed.

As far as books, very few impress me (because we aren't one diet fits all people). However, I would get basic nutritional books such as Wellness Fooods From A - Z if you are interested in trying new foods ans want to learn how to properly pick them and prepare them http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detai...=books&n=507846 . A book discussing treating guy dsybiosis would also be good such as Digestive Wellness (I've read the author's other book Leaky Gut Syndrome) http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detai...=books&n=507846 . I think that the best diet is one formed from an Elimination Diet and Nutritional DNA Analysis as this is as individual as it currently gets. In the mean time though, my current book pics would have to be something that supports my diet and health condition (which works for others but may not work for all) and those would be:

A) The Insulin-Time Bomb and A New Dawn are a 2-Volume Set for a total of $25 (incl. international shipping). They basically disucsse the role of chronic or long term background inflammation in our system and how this can lead to damage of our organs and thus cause various diseases and hormonal disorders. The inflammation is caused by damage to our gut lining and the foods that we eat directly cause the damage (genetic) and/OR continue to perpetuate the damage (environmental). I recognize some of the stuff in the book and other stuff I don't (and am looking up) but it is quite fascinating and is for those scientifically minded as the wording is still more on the technical side (the book on Leaky Gut Syndrome is more of the layman's terms version but still doesn't compare to the detail in this book). http://www.pcosliving.com/epctest/epctest.html

http://www.epc-odx.com/CHD/

http://www.epc-odx.com/fertility/

My Review of it: http://www.soulcysters.net/showthread.php?t=133397

B) The Natural Diet Solution for PCOS and Infertlity (include Insulin Resistance & Diabetes Type II) http://www.ovarian-cysts-pcos.com/pcos-book-res.html . I like this book because it combines several diet theories including the Insulin Index (this is a moderate carb diet), Blood Type, Acid-Alkaline Diet, and I think Paleo Diet as well. It's a whopping 473 page E-book for only $15. It includes a 30 day meal play plus recipes that span 142 pages! It discusses the importances of not just diet but also exercise in dealing with Insulin Resistance, etc. Of course it's similar to my diet because it avoids Dairy, Gluten (all grains actually), Legumes, Bananas, Peanuts, Added Sugars, and Trans Fats, among other things (no processed foods, no artificial sweeteners, etc). http://www.ovarian-cysts-pcos.com/gotofreechapters (Chapters 1 & 2 for free!)

im 20 it wasnt untill i was 16 i begain changing, 18 when i got the good part down, an now 20 i understand the facts, thanks to all you guys

i actually am honored to have met such fine specimens, i owe it to u guys for changing my whole world and perspective around, i understood the facts , but from u i got the courage, some have left this message board and have not returned, i owe it to u guys for setting me straight and alot of others wopuld feel the same, can we get a hip hot horrey for sweetjade eusa_clap.gif waterrevolution eusa_clap.gif denise2 eusa_clap.gif mainy others, we cannot forget to honor benweka critizism eusa_dance.gif

Hi delta! I'm happy you've finally sort it out. Gone were the days when you u were cursing the supplements for not giving you results...hehehe! I'm so happy for you. Keep it up!

- 26 when I started getting into a healthy diet.

- Yeah! I cheat. I love chocolate too much.

- Visiting this forum helps me not cheat (yeah! that's one of my secrets smile.gif ) and reading other health-related web sites like askshelley

At what age did you get your healthy diet together? 1 1/2 years ago (I was 17)

Do you still cheat? BIG TIME! I'm having a hard time getting back into the groove of things ever since I went on vacation.

Whats helps you to not cheat? Hiding all the snacks behind other things in the cabinets, "Binge buster" appetite suppressant spray, fennel tea (appetite suppressant), minty chewing gum, and looking in the mirror at my acne!

And what books do you reccomend? Healing foods by Mirium Polunin, it helped me learn about the different nutrients in foods so I know what to focus on.. but the most beneficial reading I've done is on the internet and on this message board.

About 3 years ago when I was 14 (I'm now 17) But at a time in there I was very dumb I would eat 0-800 calories a day and work-out about 3-4 hours a day i got down to 95 pounds. The really bad thing was I did not even know that it was bad for you! I was like "great I'm loseing whight!" eusa_doh.gif Any way I thought that I was eating good then (all organic) Now I have a good healthy diet and I "cheat" about one time a week, noting big. I don't eat meat or caw dairy (I would love to eat caw dairy but it makes me sick) So I eat goat dairy it seams like I can eat that just fine biggrin.gif

A good book is "The Food Revelation" (I think that that is the name) by Something Robbin (the Ice cream man's son) It's about the meat co. and how they treat the animal’s. I did not read all of the book (it was way to nasty)