Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
guy20uk

LONG TERM DIFFERIN USERS HELP

For all those people who've actually tried Differin for 3 months and not 2 weeks - did you see any good results. or is it a waste of time. im always striving for these great testimonals on differin - but there aint any are there. Somebody prove me wrong cos im sick and tired of acne.

a long time ago I used differin and it took like..5 months to see the results but they really showed, and then the acne just came back and took a turn for the worse. I don't trust topicals anymore cause it seems like the acne always comes back for me, but I think for some people they stay clear?

i'de try differin if you have mild/moderate acne

ive been using differin since sept and i swear by it. it sometimes creates overall redness and drying, but it seems to help clear up the cystic and "regular" lol acne that the antibiotic pushes to the surface. it has to be a continual thing though. like dont use it for a few weeks and then stop...and then start again.

i agree with stelee, i have been using differin since january and honestly don't think i will stop until i "grow out of acne"- whenever that may be (im 17 now). however, you have to religiously use it and stick closely to your regimen otherwise its useless. however, its not for everyone. i gave it 4 months to see if it would work so if you don't see a big improvement after 3-4 months then its probably not going to work for you.

I've used several packs of Differin, I didn't feel anything but it faded my redmarks, but you have to use sunscreen in the morning or you'll get redness, yea so both good and bad, and after I used it for a while, I don't see it's working anymore, maybe my face is used to Differin.

I've been using differin for 1 month now. My MD says it helps with cysts. I have noticed that I have less breakouts now. The cycts are sowly going away and the spots are fading. I only use it at night and BP/moisterizer/sunscreen in the morning.

Eh, it worked good for my blackheads, but on the whole, didn't do a god enough job, and my face looked like a grease factory.

I read that it makes your skin worse and then better..

so.. im on accutane and started using differin gel.. and im breaking out.. about 5 pimples..

do you think differin make me breakout?

im on month 8, 40mg, the last month.. 150mg/kg

I was on differin for a little over two months and it got worse each week. I have ultra sensitive skin and had mild acne before I started it. So I felt as though my face kept getting worse & worse becuase it was hardly bad to begin with, and after differin I started getting the big painful ones that I never had before.

I didnt have the patience to keep using it to see if it would ever get better. So I stopped. But my skin is ultra sensitive & just didnt respond well to adaplene I guess.

there's my two cents.