Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Just got back from my derm (Dr. Jones in Winchester), and we discussed my options for scar removal, he seemed very keen on C02 resurfacing saying most people see 60%-80% improvment from it. But I explained to him that I didnt think C02 was a very good idea (maybe a last resort) for various reasons and I asked if he knew about Subcision, Isolagen and N-lite, he only knew about N-Lite, but when I asked him about Dr. Chu he basically said Dr. Chu was a really clever and skilled bloke, he called him a "bright cookie"!.

anyways, Dr. Jones has now referred me to Dr. Chu :)

can't wait for the appointment! :D

--CS

hmmm, I wonder how long I'll have to wait, I hope I get it all done and dusted this year.

Maya: are there people on the net posting before / after pictures of Dr. Chu's isolagen/subcision/n-lite treatment yet? I cant seem to find anything, just subcision/n-lite from Dr. Rapaport.

--CS

crappyskin - no, I haven't seen any pictures. Lola should be having her injections soon, I'm sure she will update us with her progress.

ccrappyskin and purepersion786;

How did you go about getting your appointment? and are you getting subscision and n-lite or what?

Maya-- How'd you get an appointment soo soon?

the only way you can get an appointment with him is if you get reffered.

Go to your GP and tell him your not happy with your current derm, and tell him to transfer you to Dr Tony Chu at Hammersmith hospital. he will know who your talking about as soon as you say dr tony chu, and im sure he'll appreciate the fact you want he's skills used on you, so u shouldnt have a problem getting a transfer.... the only problem will be the long waiting time, (between 3 to 8 months)

Maya-- How'd you get an appointment soo soon?

I phoned and got through to Dr Chu direct.

Maya:

Thats great! Being up front is the best way of getting what you want.

Would you be able to give me his email address? That would be great. Thanks for your help with this whole thing it's given me a new hope to look forward to!

Thanks Maya :D

I don't know whether to use it yet.... I don't want to be annoying and jeopradize my chances but I probably will.

Dr Chu people:

Do you know whether he does n-lite and subscision the same day like subscision then immediately aftter he does n-lite?

Is it okay to do these treatments approx 1 year after accutane?

Is there any side effects from these treatments? such as thinning skin, facial hair growth problems etc?

Thanks

Do you know whether he does n-lite and subscision the same day like subscision then immediately aftter he does n-lite?

Yes, he does.

Maya

Do you think Dr. CHu will perform subcison/n-lite on me say 10 months after accutane (I'm hoping to get an appointment soon). I've been off accutane about 9 months.

Will my referral letter state all these facts when I see my GP or something?

Thanks again

You aren’t doing DR Chu any favors by posting his addy directly on a board. It will be picked up and spammed to no end, so maybe you should leave breaks in the addy. :D

Where is DR Chu located and how do you know his technique works?

C.S., good to hear that you're getting a referral to Dr Chu from your GP. I really believe he's one of the best drs. in the UK for our scars.

I've had CO2 and although I'm not thinking of doing it again, I don't regret it. I probably had a 40% improvement although the Dr (a well known and experienced dr with practices in London & Santa Barbara) told me I'd have a 60% improvement. If you do decide to have CO2, it's important to have subcision before to ensure that your scars are not tethered down. My improvement was on my shallow scars, the deep/tethered down ones showed no improvement.

Does DR CHU do all sorts of scar treatments?

When you show up for your appointment will he access your scar situation and perform what needs to done (whatever method) on that day? (I hope so 8-[ )

Maya

Do you think Dr. CHu will perform subcison/n-lite on me say 10 months after accutane (I'm hoping to get an appointment soon). I've been off accutane about 9 months.

Will my referral letter state all these facts when I see my GP or something?

1. Don't know

2. Yes

Does DR CHU do all sorts of scar treatments?

When you show up for your appointment will he access your scar situation and perform what needs to done (whatever method) on that day? (I hope so 8-[ )

:-s

1. Not all types - he does subcision, n-lite, Isoalgen and excision

2. First appointment is normally just to assess your situation

IMPORTANT

Isolagen is no longer available on the NHS - I am only 1 of a small handful of people getting it on the NHS in the UK since Dr Chu is still conducting clinical trials.

Dr Chu's secretary phoned me today (she and Dr Chu know I moderate this board and said that Dr Chu has asked people NOT to phone his department about NHS treatments anymore as he is too over booked)

Apparently someone phoned his sec today and was extremely rude to her - and that person mentioned my name!

The ONLY way to approach his department is via your own GP and getting your GP to send a referral letter - DR Chu will only deal with a select few patients that he feels would be helpful for his clinical trials.

Crappyskin--

When is your appointment and how much is it going to cost altogether including scar trreatment?

Are you getting everything done in one visit?

Thanks

no idea, my derm said he would refer me, but I have yet to receive an appointment with Dr. Chu, its been nearly a week since I saw my derm.

I'm not sure how much the treatment will be, but the consultation is covered by my insurance, and to be honest I really dont care how much it will cost in the end, I honestly think Dr. Chu is the best doctor around for acne scars, and I'm willing to forefit luxuries for decent skin! But I guess it will be in the £2000-£3000 range tho.

I should imagine the first appointment will be a consultation and then the treatment will probably begin a few weeks after that, but I dont know for sure.

I really hope it wont interfere with the world cup rally in sept and oct!

--CS

crappyskin

Having spoken with Dr Chu's secretary the other day, she told me that there is an enormous waiting list now - so I doubt it will interfere with the world cup rally. She also told me that Dr Chu is not able to offer Isolagen (be it privately or on the NHS) to many people becasue it is too time consuming for him - since it means seeing a patient many times over a course of a few months - he travels a lot on buisness and it's hard for him to fit in Isolagen patients.