Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
macguyver

shinny skin after face peel?

Hi

I was wondering if anyone experience this problem after a skin peel. I had a tca medium deep skin peel a few years ago. The procedure left my skin rather shinny like there is a constant oil slick or if it was plastic. almost like a burn patient. it has also left my cheeks on the pink side. Has anyone experience this and is there anyway to reverse this. if someone could go into detail what caused this.

The derm that I went through was bsing his way out of it. which got me really upset.

What percentage was the peel and how long did he leave it on? Sounds like he over did the application. How old are you and do you use moisturizer regularly? Sounds like your outer layer of skin is not wearing/dying for some reason.

yes I moisturize everyday, and retin a. I'm 36 years old and have olive skin. I believed he did a 70 % tca peel any help would be great. I have not been able to find any resources on the web and would like to be really educated on the subject before i opt out for any procedures to correct the problem.

yes I moisturize everyday, and retin a.  I'm 36 years old and have olive skin.  I believed he did a 70 % tca peel any help would be great.  I have not been able to find any resources on the web and would like to be really educated on the subject before i  opt out for any procedures to correct the problem.