Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
thenew

oily look from moisturizer

when i use my moisturizer (cetaphil) my skin looks really oily for hours afterwards the shine could blind someone haha its so bad that i cant go out during the day, and if i dont use moisturizer my skin gets to dry, i dont use that much as it is but i want to continue the regimen and do social activities, do u guys no any moisturizer that doesn't produce such an oily look afterwards, thanks alot for any help

I just posted something similar - frustrating isn't it? The eucerin does the same for me *sigh* as if we need an oily look as well as acne!!!!!

yeah i really hope someone knows a good moisturizer that doesn't cause the oily/shiney look

I use the Neutrogena Oil-Free Moisture with SPF 15. I've never had a problem with it looking oily/greasy on my face, but it does clump up with the Neutrogena On-The-Spot cream. Really annoying.

I think for alot of people it is the spf part that makes moisturizers more oily looking, but then again, some without spf do the same thing. My best advice is to get some of those oil-blotting papers, and after you apply your moisturizer, just dab gently to get some of that shine off. I typically dab on some pressed powder, but I know that is not always an option for men, so I think those blotting papers are next best thing.

you can try mattifiers that you can apply after you put on your moisturizer. it'll keep shine on bay for a good 3-4 hours. and then you just need to blot along your t-zone when you feel oily and you're good.

i use bath and body works burdock root mattifier. tell me what you think.

thanks sooo much for the replies, where can i get these oil blotting papers and what are mattifiers?

thanks sooo much for the replies, where can i get these oil blotting papers and what are mattifiers?

you can buy the oil-blotting papers by Clean and Clear at Walmart.

I just bought the C+C blotting papers - do they REALLY contain mineral oil? How weird - I should have read that before I bought them... anyhoo, will post how they go - so far, they seem to do a fairly good job (its pretty amazing how much oil they pick up!) and they seem to 'set' your powder if you have any on too, so it kinda looks smoother.

I just use toilet paper to blot my face a couple of times a day including a few minutes after I moisturize since i have really oily skin. It's disgusting to see my finger shaped oil marks on the TP but it definitely looks better once I blot it off.

napkins are also a good oil-blotter. Just be sure you are not causing any further irritation by blotting excessively throughout the day.

I have the same problem with any lotion I put on my face... It looks so oily and I seem to break out.

I recently found an oil control lotion online which works really well with the shine.

Nivea for Men Face Care - Oil Control Lotion

I got it from Drugstore.com

"Absorbs Oil and Controls Shine" and it really does smile.gif

I have the same problem with any lotion I put on my face... It looks so oily and I seem to break out.

I recently found an oil control lotion online which works really well with the shine.

nice! now we just need to find out if this is goes good with bp. Goes it glup up with the bp gel?

thank you all soo much for the replies, does blotting off the oily texture reduce the effect of the moisturizer? and is this nivea lotion a type of moisturizer that is good to use with the regimen? i really hope this product doesn't make my face soo oily looking like cetaphil does, thanks alot for any help

Theres a nivea for men moisturizer called protective lotion with spf 15. I bought it but really haven't tryed it. When I opened the cap it had such a strong smell like a cologne. So I really didnt take any chances with it. However it probably won't help with the shine. I think all moisturizers with spf will definately make your face shiny.

The Burdock Root Mattifier from Bath and Body Works is a light cream-like topical you spread on after you're done with your skincare regimen. After your moizturize is best.

I tried the Nivea Men Oil/Shine Control mentioned above with the Regimen and no it doesnt clump with the BP. Controls oil only slightly, strong smell gets to you after a week and it made me break out, so now its collecting dust.

Guest T.M.

I find that its my cheeks that only really look shiny when I use moisturiser. So I just apply it to around my mouth and on my neck as thats the only place I use BP.