Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Guest delta force operators

Im allergic to green tea

Guest delta force operators

Hey i think im allegic to green tea, eveytime i drink one cup i throw up, i get these wierd sounds in my stomack, my mouth becomes wattery, and i feel like vommitting, then i do,

could it be the caffien in the green tea? should i get decaff? im serious about this too, i never had a problem with decaff, still curious about the health of my liver, concerning this revolation

i don't know why you would react that way to green tea, but listen to your body. if your body doesn't like it, don't drink it!

you don't need to drink green tea to cure acne. in fact, there's caffeine in it so drinking a lot of it may be bad for your skin (and/or other things). i've heard that the decaf stuff doesn't have the same benefits as normal green tea.

Green tea can disagree with some people; I've heard this before.

One thing to consider is your source. Cheaper, lower-quality green tea (like in teabags, the dustier stuff) can be too bitter and contain more of the substances you find upsetting.

Try loose leaf tea. Is there a Teavana near you? They have a ton of green tea and you can order some to try (as in, a drink), and they also have free samples of some teas.

Green tea has to be brewed differently or it gets bitter. I have no problem with it if I brew it right, but if I don't, I get the same symptoms you, do! You can't use boiling water (add an ice cube or two first) - it needs to be about 175 F. Also, don't let it steep longer than 2 or 2.5 minutes.

I like Gunpowder Green Tea - it's one of the mildest, and gives me no problems!

http://www.teavana.com

:o)

I almost threw up once or twice when I drank green tea, but it was only right after I did cardio. Weird I know, but thats what does it for me.

I started drinking greentea one a day for about 2 weeks, later after the two weeks i couldn't drink it no more i thaught it was horrible everytime i smelt it i felt like being sick.

I don't know hy though i was fine for two weeks. I used tea bags by the way and the same one through out. No cafine ones.

Guest Dwight_Sheila69

Ive actually heard of some people getting sick to green tea. I dont know if you are allergic or if there is just something in there that doesnt agree with your stomach. That is 2 different things. If you were allergic to it, I think you would probably get more symptoms. Its like eating alot of ice cream and then throwing up and saying im allergic. When your stomach is just sick. Im not sure on this but it sounds like your stomach just doesnt want it. My advice stop drinking it lol.

wow, that was really enlightening. i've been making green tea for over a year now, and I've always poured boiling water over the tea bag and let it steep for around 3 mintues. So are you pouring water into a cup, adding ice, and THEN adding the teabag? Or boiling in a pot, and throwing ice into the pot once it boils to cool it to 175, and THEN pouring overtop of the tea and letting it steep?

wow, that was really enlightening.  i've been making green tea for over a year now, and I've always poured boiling water over the tea bag and let it steep for around 3 mintues.  So are you pouring water into a cup, adding ice, and THEN adding the teabag?  Or boiling in a pot, and throwing ice into the pot once it boils to cool it to 175, and THEN pouring overtop of the tea and letting it steep?

Green tea from Japan is almost all organic anyway, due to where it's grown (way the hell up in the mountains, where there's no need for pesticides), and the soil is rich enough that there's no need for fertilizer, either.

I'm not certain about Chinese green tea, however.

Green tea is my favorite and ver good for the body! Especially when it's very cold and served with a slice of lemonade fruit.

I really can't understand on how your body reacts this way... maybe genetics? allergies? i don't know...