Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I had a medium sized pimple on my lower cheek that cleared up fast. Now there is a tiny hole in it's place. I didn't pick at it or anything? Why do you get scars when you don't screw around with your face? sad.gif

So it actually possible for ice picks scars to naturally heal over time? If so how long does it actually take to heal and is there a way to increase the speed?

Good question. They say not to touch which is good advice but I got scars from ones I know I never touched.

I had a medium sized pimple on my lower cheek that cleared up fast. Now there is a tiny hole in it's place. I didn't pick at it or anything? Why do you get scars when you don't screw around with your face? sad.gif

Try not to worry too much - although this doesn't usually happen to me, my husband often gets it. Nearly all of his spots eventually heal completely without a little hole or any ice pick scarring. It just seems to be the way his skin heals.

My derm said that if the pimples were inflammed, even if you didn't touch them, it can cause tissue damage and when they heal it causes your skin to go in which is what the hole is.

Is there any way of telling which ones will leave only a temporary hole, and which ones will be more permanent?

Is there any way of telling which ones will leave only a temporary hole, and which ones will be more permanent?

what kind of a hole is it and how big?Does the whole look like an enlarged pore, or is it more of an ice pick type thing? Some zits do leave little crater holes, sometimes they go away, sometime they don't. its hard to tell without a picture.

chow

My god it must be small. If it's that small probably only you are noticing it. I wouldn't worry about that one.

No, definately not an ice pick. It's hard to explain--it just looks like a teeny hole. Maybe I should post a picture.