Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
misssy

Why is moisterizer important???

i don't have dry skin. My skin hardly ever gets dry even when topical medication is applied to it. it never really gets irritated either. I don't use moisterizer, and i am wondering now whether i should use it

i have super oily skin? should i still use moisturizer?

i had a moisturizer once and i broke out like 6 pimples on my forehead and all over... (it wasnt non-comedogenic)

i don't have dry skin. My skin hardly ever gets dry even when topical medication is applied to it. it never really gets irritated either. I don't use moisterizer, and i am wondering now whether i should use it

Moisturizer is important if you have dry skin to restore moisture in your skin. But is also VERY much more important if you have oily skin, believe it or not. The reason you have oily skin to begin with is because you have dry skin. Lol if that makes any sense. When your skin is dry, that signals your oil glands to produce MAD oil to compensate for the dryness. And as wel all know, OIL buildup is one of the causes of acne. If you use moisturizer, it will keep your skin moist without having to signal your oil glands to produce large amounts of oil. So if you have oily skin, use the moisturizer anyway and the oilyness should slowly go away.

<<<Moisturizer is important if you have dry skin to restore moisture in your skin. But is also VERY much more important if you have oily skin, believe it or not. The reason you have oily skin to begin with is because you have dry skin. Lol if that makes any sense. When your skin is dry, that signals your oil glands to produce MAD oil to compensate for the dryness. And as wel all know, OIL buildup is one of the causes of acne. If you use moisturizer, it will keep your skin moist without having to signal your oil glands to produce large amounts of oil. So if you have oily skin, use the moisturizer anyway and the oilyness should slowly go away.>>>

Have to agree with you there, I always moisturize, even over moisturize if its winter and skin is flakey. Last winter, bought a new hair conditioner, slight break out at the hair line, skin started getting worse, so stopped moisturizing and all hell broke loose....a very oily face , all broken out! Same thing happened the year before too. I thought with the breaking out, if I stopped to moisturize, it would dry up- but as you said- it makes the oils worse- oh waaaay worse !!! #-o

Here's a simpler way to look at it.

Nowadays most moisturizers are OIL FREE.

If you have a oily face, moisturizers wont make it worse at all unless they contain oil. Moisturizers put moisture in your face, NOT oil.