Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
spydergirl09

mix moisturizer with foundation & how to get rid of stre

hey everyone-

Do you mix moisturizer with your foundation before applying foundation? If so, what kind of moisturizer? Also, do any of you know how to apply foundation/concealer without having streaks? That always happens to me and when I try to blend the streaks, the foundation/concealer comes off of my skin and the blemish shows once again as if I hadn't done anything!!! AHHHH! Thanks for your help!! :)

the way i apply my make up is that first i apply the foundation (i use dermablend, which is great at covering up acne scars and blemishes) all over as evenly as possible. I do this with my hand b/c thats the way you're supposed to apply this make up and because i think it works best at giving even coverage. then with a small brush, i apply a little more of the foundation to the blemish or really noticeable scar. i dont put a lot, b/c then it ends up looking really fake and made up, but just enough to cover it. Then I apply my blush and if any of the foundation comes off, i just use my little brush again to touch it up. that way, there are no streaks and each scar or blemish is covered up.

I apply my moisturizer first and let it dry for about 5 minutes. Then I apply my foundation. A good way to avoid having streaks on your face is to blend it with a sponge or you could use a powder type foundation such as MAC Studio Fix or Jane Iredale. Those are easier to apply than liquid foundation in my opinion.

my face gets really flakey like when you have a sunburn and start peeling so when i put foundation on it looks even worse. I can never really get my foundation to cover up the resness of my acne either. Is there a way to fix these problems?\