Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Quantum

Orange Face

Hi,

My pimples haven't been too bad, however they have been getting worse over the year so I thought I had better do something before they got too painful, and made me too self-conscious.

I purchased some 2.5% BP gel, and and now on my third or fourth week. My first three were pretty bad with some breakouts, but I stepped up to using it both in the morning and at night and I don't have any actives at present. Obviously I am very happy, but am a little wary (I've had random clear weeks before) and want to keep going with the BP gel (and hopefully it has made me clear for good)! However, I was looking in the mirror and noticed that the places where I apply it (around the nose, and on the chin) have gone slightly orange. It isn't really obvious, but is quite apparent under close inspection. I haven't applied any BP gel today, and I'm not sure whether to wait for the orange to go away, or to push on and hope it doesn't get any worse.

I don't use any moisturizer at present, and I don't exfoliate or anything. I just use a Clearsil face wash, and then some 2.5% benzoyl peroxide gel. Any ideas of what I could do to prevent this orange face side effect?! If I was doing my whole face, it wouldn't be as bad :-p (because I would just look more tanned) however when it is in one or two places it probably will get quite obvious.

Thanks a lot razz.gif.

I don't use any moisturizer at present, and I don't exfoliate or anything. I just use a Clearsil face wash, and then some 2.5% benzoyl peroxide gel. Any ideas of what I could do to prevent this orange face side effect?! If I was doing my whole face, it wouldn't be as bad :-p (because I would just look more tanned) however when it is in one or two places it probably will get quite obvious.

Thanks a lot  razz.gif.

Try the regimen at http://www.acne.org/regimen.html

This means daily moisturizing, every day. You should get clear skin if you follow the regimen precisely. As far as the orange skin goes, I'm not sure. But get on the regimen and you should hopefully not have this problem.

I'm guessing you have some burned areas and dead skin that is the discolored areas, I agree with Dan and get one of the recommended moisturizers, this should help.

Thanks a lot for the input guys, I suspected it would be something like that. I was a little wary using moisturizer, but I'll make sure that I get some this weekend. I'll let you know if it makes a difference!

Great work on the website, and regiment Dan smile.gif.