Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hi, ive read and heard from people that drinking milk causes acne. I drink a crapload of milk and i have acne, im wondering that if i stop drinking milk will it go away? Because i dont want to stop drinking milk for no reason, since its good for your bones or whatever. Is milk bad for acne?

Yes. Dairy is definitely a culprit in acne. Doctors don't say so, but my acne goes crazy everytime I eat something with dairy. Maybe you are lactose intolerant. It's very common.

im not sure... but not for me, i lost my pimples eating nothing but cereal- breakfast lunch and dinner.

i had a better diet but its kinda more expensive, mangoes every meal everyday tuna is good as well :D:D:D:lol::) :D/ :-s :D({|= :-k [-X =D> [-o< ](*,) O:) 8-[ =P~ :^o 8-[ [-( 8-[

Do not drink regular store-bought milk. It is pasteurized and homogenized. This completely destroys any benefit to milk and makes it dangerous for you. The calcium in milk is also poorly absorbed. People focus too much on calcium for bone building...many other minerals are just as important...such as magnesium and phosphorous.

Milk is not good for bone building and it is definitely not healthy in any way unless it comes straight from the cow, raw, like nature intended. Meats, fats, and green vegetables will provide you with plenty of vitamins/minerals to build strong bones. Forget about milk.

you mean that your genetic predisposition to expand vertically would've been completely disabled w/o drinking bovine titular gland excretions?

Hmmmmm.... considering that most non-indo-european cultures are lactose intolerant....that's a pretty bold statement. Maybe milk just made YOU tall exclusively bcs I've tried to "debrief" myself from all that anachronistic 50's consumer controlling brainwashing a long time ago.

If acnes taught me anything, it's nothing is absolute.

No absolute cause, or cure.

sorry

namaste'

you mean that your genetic predisposition to expand vertically would've been completely disabled w/o drinking bovine titular gland excretions? 

Hmmmmm.... considering that most non-indo-european cultures are lactose intolerant....that's a pretty bold statement. Maybe milk just made YOU tall exclusively bcs I've tried to "debrief" myself from all that anachronistic 50's consumer controlling brainwashing a long time ago.

If acnes taught me anything, it's nothing is absolute. 

No absolute cause, or cure. 

sorry

namaste'

thats harsh [-X

It IS all brainwashing. It's unfounded and completely false that people, especially children, need cow milk to be healthy.

milk is not that bad, stop saying shit like that, maybe it causes acne, no one can prove it, u start tellin kids that milk is bad for them, its just another thing, everything is bad, this is bad for, that is bad for you, but it would be better them drink milk then malt liquer, milk is not that bad, yall are psycho's, and why the hell do you know so much about milk?!?! and glandular sitts excretions, whatever the hell? you know more about something you dont like, then most people do with things they do like. chill out, milk may cause acne, air might cause acne!! dont go outside!!! ahhhhh!!!! screw that. milks great!

bovine is cow. milk is produced from glands

big tall, foamy glass of bovine titular gland excretions

lip smacking good.

So good if fact it causes severe abdominal cramping to about 60% of the planet.

So good, in fact it is a primary contributor to respiratory distress in asthmatics.

:-k

yummy

But for those 40% of people who aren't intolerant and for those without Asthma....it's DAMN GOOD!!!! Mmmmmmmmmmm Milk...I especially like those ones in the store with the glass bottle and the cream on top...now THAT is some good shit!!!

Also for people who say milk isn't good for anything, I'd like someone to give me a recipe for making a great tasting protein shake that does NOT contain milk!!

(for people who are going to respond, you are wrong :D )

Oh also I don't want to hear any of your "well milk has protein in it that affects how your body absorbs the protein in the mix..." cause I just don't buy it!!!

Yes I also know that milk in clear containers degrades when it comes into contact with the flourescent light in the supermarket...but the milk out of the glass bottle is just TOO good!

Wouldn't be so bad if it weren't pasteurized/homogenized...

I think milk made me tall too lol...no one in my family is over 5 10 and im 6'4. My only explanation is that I drink a lot of milk. But I also have acne, so I'm going to cut off the dairy products and see what happens. I'll reply with my results.

The best kind of milk is either Soy milk or 2% milk rather than whole milk. Whole Milk has a lot of fats in it and it may or may not cause a person to break out. On the other hand Soy Milk reduces the Risk of Heart Disease, protects Against Breast Cancer, reduces Risk of Prostrate Cancer, diminishes Menopausal Symptoms, and helps prevent Osteoporosis as well soy being a antioxidant and anti-inflammatory agent for skin.

~Nikki :D

Actually, there is truth the to the statements that folks are making about "milk making them tall". I have read lately that all the bovine growth hormone that is fed to the cows is excreted in the milk they produce. Many young children (especially girls) are growing taller & larger very early in life (like at the toddler stage). Scientists are now investigating whether this bovine growth hormone affects kids in puberty & whether it is responsible for the jump in the average bra cup size over the last 15-20 years (since that is when the growth hormone was first introduced to cows). Bottom line?....Don't be so quick to poo poo the idea that milk can make you tall. I'm not saying it's a healthy thing, but....

After doing lots of research about the crud that most cows are fed, :-k I started drinking organic milk from farms where cows are not fed anything with antibiotics, hormones, etc. in their food. Not that I think it's made my skin clearer (I've done lots of other things), but I do feel better about not putting all that stuff in my body. If you love milk, you might want to try it. I think it tastes better than any of the grocery store brands! :D

Most definately, organic milk does taste very different from milk bought in a regular grocery store. =)

So far, these are the reasons I've found as to why milk/dairy can be problematic for some people

Lactose - as we get older, supposedly we will ALL become Lactose Intolerant, but for now some may have problems with this sugar in thier diets.

Casein - (or whey) some people may be allergic or intolertant to casien protein that is found in milk and other dairy foods (minus eggs).

Gluten - the same reasons you would avoid direct gluten (inflammatory reasponse, digestion problems, insulin-mimickers), there's a possibility that grain fed cows may transfer some part of the gluten protein into the milk.

Lectin - the same reason as gluten and as mentioned here:

"dairy (perhaps more so when cows are feed grains instead of grass, a speculation based on research showing transference of lectins into breast milk and dairy and potentially more harmful in pasteurized, processed milk because of the reduction of SIgA, an immunoglobulin that binds dangerous lectins , Biol Neonate 1991;59(3):121-5 Davin JC et al The high lectin-binding capacity of human secretory IgA protects nonspecifically mucosae against environmental antigens.)" - meaning that might explain the whole mucus problem, etc

http://www.krispin.com/lectin.html

Insulin - outside of sugar, there are other hormones that are at play here. Best explained by a poster on another board

"Also about dairy and acne: in their explanation of how insulin (hyperinsulinemia) increases sebum production and promotes cellular growth, they (researchers) mentioned IGF-1 which Jade also posted several articles about. I did a little bit of search about it and this should be interesting:

Q. What is IGF-1?

A. Insulin-like Growth Factor-1 (IGF-1) is produced by the pituitary gland. IGF-1 circulates in blood to each cell in the body, coordinating cellular function. IGF-1 regulates cell growth, division and differentiation, particularly in children, and has been increasingly linked by modern research to human cancer development and growth.

Q. How does IGF-1 get into milk?

A. In 1994, the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) approved the use of the recombinant Bovine Growth Hormone (rBGH). According to rBGH manufacturers, injections of rBGH causes cows to produce up to 20 percent more milk. The growth hormone also stimulates pituitary production of IGF-1 levels in the milk of those cows. Recently, Eli Lilly & Co., a manufacturer of rBGH, reported a ten-fold increase in IGF-1 levels in cows receiving the hormone. IGF-1 is the same in humans and cows, and is not destroyed by pasteurization. In fact, the pasteurization process actually increases IGF-1 levels in milk. Furthermore, there is suggestive evidence that IGF-1 in rBGH milk reacts more with the body than in non-hormonal milk.

Q. How does rBGH milk containing IGF-1, affect, humans?

A. After the rBGH milk is consumed, IGF-1 is not destroyed by human digestion. Instead, IGF-l is readily absorbed across the intestinal wall. Additional research has shown that it can be absorbed into the bloodstream where it can effect other hormones."

http://pub106.ezboard.com/fabsoluteacneinf...start=1&stop=20

Therefore, if you suspect that milk & dairy are problmatic for you. Your best bet is to switch to high fat diary (less proteins), organic milk (less hormones, etc), raw milk (non pasturized or homogenized) or to completely avoid milk.

TO be safe, I only drink milk that has no adverse reaction to my blood type. Mine is an AB type, so whole milk is definetely a no-no. Whole milk is a no-no for everybody except those who has a B type. 2% reduce fat is ok for AB and B but not for A or O. Goat milk is the best for AB, and also ok for most blood type except O. IF you has an O type, it is better for you to drink soy milk, rice milk, almond milk, hazelnut milk...anything except dairy milk. O:)