Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
achick

Peels [lactic & others] Possible to worsen scars?

I have done lactic peels about 6 times. I've also used neutrogena's peel, philosophy's microdelivery peel, philosophy's oxygen peel, and done various other things. Don't worry, I didn't use this stuff all within a short period of time. I spread out the use of these products over months during the last two years.

It seems like the shallow indented scars are actually more noticeable now then before I even did any peels [they are kind of clustered in one little area on my jaw area/line].

I first started doing the peels for red marks, and within the last 6 months I noticed that I now have scars, and they only seem to worsen after every peel. I keep hoping the peels will help, but no such luck.

Is it possible that acne scars are noticeable now because of the peels?

Has anyone experienced this?

Does anyone have any luck with getting rid of shallow indented scars?

I'm now worried about my scars a lot, even though they are noticeable only in certain shadows/light. My red marks are pretty much gone, but now I worry about the scars. evil.gif

IF YOU READ THIS PLEASE RESPOND! [everyone likes to read and give no response]

Funny, I just wrote a post similar to this tonight. I don't know if peels and laser treatments uncover new skin, which temporarily exposes scars until the healing is completed. That is my best guess. Maybe try not doing peels for awhile and see if things heal back to normal. But what do I know since I was asking for help on the same topic! :-)

Anyone more knowledgeable on this matter?

I've been using supercop2x for a couple of months now, and started incorporating AHA's into my regimen within the past month. Things were great in the beginning, but into the second month, I did start noticing that my scars were looking worse. Then it got to a point where it looked like I was getting more scars and things were looking pretty bad again. I kept up w/ the treatment nonetheless, and I'm happy to say that things have been getting a lot better. Some of my older scars were coming more to the surface and becoming more apparent, but they are soooo much smaller now. Also, some of my larger scars have "broken up" into smaller scars and that is why it looked like I had more. But they look like they're getting smaller as the days go by. I hope that this is an indication that the scars are shrinking. All in all, my skin looks so much better than a few months ago.

I have done lactic peels about 6 times.  I've also used neutrogena's peel, philosophy's microdelivery peel, philosophy's oxygen peel, and done various other things.  Don't worry, I didn't use this stuff all within a short period of time.  I spread out the use of these products over months during the last two years. 

It seems like the shallow indented scars are actually more noticeable now then before I even did any peels [they are kind of clustered in one little area on my jaw area/line]. 

I first started doing the peels for red marks, and within the last 6 months I noticed that I now have scars, and they only seem to worsen after every peel.  I keep hoping the peels will help, but no such luck.

Is it possible that acne scars are noticeable now because of the peels? 

Has anyone experienced this? 

Does anyone have any luck with getting rid of shallow indented scars?

I'm now worried about my scars a lot, even though they are noticeable only in certain shadows/light.  My red marks are pretty much gone, but now I worry about the scars.  evil.gif

IF YOU READ THIS PLEASE RESPOND!  [everyone likes to read and give no response]