Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Rather expensive..but if it works it will be worth a try. I read on this post that someone had spot treatments done and it caused hyperpigmentation around the treated red mark. Anyone have any success stories...or vice versa...?

IPL sounds promising just like everyone esle....but its really discussed very throughly here on these forums...so any information would be very much appreciated. eusa_angel.gif

so IPL has had some adverse effects on certain occasions...scarring, discoloration...its mainly used to treat rosecea and spider veins...hyperpigmentation..sun spots....age spots...hmm...the majority of people who have this treatment do reccomend it though...I will talk with my derm tommorrow and try to post a better answer..

updated info:

IPL is great for people with lighter skin tyes and can dramatically reduce the hyperpigmentation. Unforntunately, the laser can leave more hyperpigmented spots in darker skin tones and it only treats hyperpigmentation, not scarring.