Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Well I have very severe scarring...that I know in time...(over 5 yrs) will fade...maybe.. I have it all ice pick scarring.....severe discoloration...like my nose is the lightest part on my face mostly because I've never broken out there...I have one rolling scar too..I believe...to make a long story short my face is a mess.....without makeup

I put on makeup..(even though I hate it) so I can feel a little confident..and so that people wont just stare at my scars, they'll look at me, not just my scars! But now that I'm almost finish with accutane...my face is clear..of pimples...so when I wear makeup...my face looks good..well to others...

that's the problem...I feel like I'm being dishonest...guys see me now and they hit on me and they think I'm cute...while in my head I know if I was'nt wearing makeup they would'nt give me a second look...

its really difficult...because I had this dude hit on me, and he was soooo cute, but I knew that by me pursuing him that I would of been dishonest...cause he does'nt know that underneath all this makeup...my face looks like hell...

I wish I did'nt have to wear makeup...I've allways been the type of person that love being natural...and that's how I want my face to be

I feel like I'm lying to everyone...I'm too scared to tell a guy the truth...he'll reject me...most of these guys are supeficial bastards, they wanna trophy...not a real girl.....

So what should I do...where does this leave me....I have horribly discolored skin...and that's the truth that I have to deal with every night when I have to wash this makeup away...I dont think any guy I meet now will be willing to deal with my truth... and that's the part that hurts....

So it is red/purple marks & not scars...besides the 1 rolling & the ice picks? How many ice-picks do you have?

Do you have to have a bf?

6 months after accutane you could get surgery done on the scars.

I don't see how scars can be covered with make-up. There is a girl at my school who has scarring & with make-up you can tell. But maybe that's just me b/c I have scars too. eusa_think.gif

Well I have very severe scarring...that I know in time...(over 5 yrs) will fade...maybe.. I have it all ice pick scarring.....severe discoloration...like my nose is the lightest part on my face mostly because I've never broken out there...I have one rolling scar too..I believe...to make a long story short my face is a mess.....without makeup

I put on makeup..(even though I hate it) so I can feel a little confident..and so that people wont just stare at my scars, they'll  look at me, not just my scars! But now that I'm almost finish with accutane...my face is clear..of pimples...so when I wear makeup...my face looks good..well to others...

that's the problem...I feel like I'm being dishonest...guys see me now and they hit on me and they think I'm cute...while in my head I know if I was'nt wearing makeup they would'nt give me a second look...

its really difficult...because I had this dude hit on me, and he was soooo cute, but I knew that by me pursuing him that I would of been dishonest...cause he does'nt know that underneath all this makeup...my face looks like hell...

I wish I did'nt have to wear makeup...I've allways been the type of person that love being natural...and that's how I want my face to be

I feel like I'm lying to everyone...I'm too scared to tell a guy the truth...he'll reject me...most of these guys are supeficial bastards, they wanna trophy...not a real girl.....

So what should I do...where does this leave me....I have horribly discolored skin...and that's the truth that I have to deal with  every night when I have to wash this makeup away...I dont think any guy I meet now will be willing to deal with my truth... and that's the part that hurts....

well I'm black....so I have hyperpigmentation....because I use to have severe cystic acne...big huge painful bumps..that I had came to love rolleyes.gif so my face has darken, basically like having all those red spots combine 2gether for lighter skin people..I wish I had pictures so u could better understand..my cheeks and my chin are completly darken...and on my cheeks I have ice pick scarring, which you can see when I wear makeup....but I dont mind those...

I just hate the hyperpigmentation because it discolor's my face..it sucks cry.gif

but with makeup, my face looks some what even...and gives me some false doubt.gif confidence to get me through the day.....

I used to wear tons of makeup for my red marks. Even after 5 laser treatments they are not completely gone yet;although they are much better. I have some teeny scars, too....or enlarged pores; I don't know. I don't even bother with makeup anymore. I'm just sick of it. I only wear it now if I'm going somewhere really nice. If people don't like what they see, they can look the other way smile.gif

i know what you mean about the hiding thing! well im already a lil shy as it is because of my past! i was teased and mocked because im white! and where i grew up everyone was another ethnisity. im definately not the racist type because of it but because of the rejection its hard for me to get too close with people. I dont live there anymore but now i live in a place where mostly everyones white. its very different. but the one thing i cant stand is their are racist people here too! my neices and nephew are half black and i think its utter bullshit for people to hate for what people look like instead of who they are! which is why i hate when people look at me differently because of my acne! when i have makeup on, you dont see it as much and from far away i look completely clear! if only this were a perminant state! but its funny how people tell me oh its not that bad at all, hello thats because im using a green corrector-which milds the redness, a concealer to cover, and liquid foundation! good thing its all skin clearing coverup! but my parents always tell me dont wear make up and you wont break out as much. well i havent worn make up at all this summer and you know what, my face hasn't brokeout any less! now im getting nodules! so is it cuz im not wearing coverup or just a coincidence?

You would be surprised how many of us "hide" behind makeup, it's really quite common biggrin.gif LOL I just wish I could cover up my scars with makeup it would really be nice. You are not shallow or fake because of the makeup, that is just hiding superficial beauty, just let your personality shine outward-that is the real you.

Guest tenshigirl25

yeah u are not the only 1. a lot of women hide their real face with make up wether they have acne or not. your face is on the recovery of healing now, so just wear the makeup and give it time. I think u will eventually wear less and less until u feel comfortable not wearing any at all.

skin isnt everything, guys can still see your pretty face , eyes, smile, hair, body, personality without makeup. u can hide skin but u cant hid whats behind it. if the guy was looking at u, it was probably because your a pretty girl and u dont 100% see that about yourself yet.

I feel exactly the same way. I too hate wearing make-up and would love to be that fresh faced girl walking down the street. Lately, I have stopped wearing make-up during the day to work. But, at night when I go out I want to look good..and then come the feelings of faking it. I don't want to have a guy even hit on me and ask me on a date because I feel like it would be too much anticipation for the date...I would have to put all this make-up on again to fulfill his expectation and I would also just worry about getting more break outs before hand. Who knows what to do? Just thought you'd like to know you have some company out there.

thanks alot everybody for your feedback...its just rght now Im 18 and completely confused and having these scars aint making it any better...I dont know how many guys I've played because I kinda of afraid of them getting close to me..

just recently this guy touch my face to kiss me...and I quickly turn away...he thought it was because I did'nt like him and did'nt wanna kiss him.....it because I knew if he touch my face my makeup would smudge off... doubt.gif plus the funny thing is when I did "do that" with a guy...I would run to the bathroom and throw back on my makeup that smudge looking in the mirror disgusted and hoping that he think I'm not some kind freak..

I allways feel like I'm not good enough..I think even b4 I had acne...but having severe acne just made it %100 worst...when I was younger it was my hair was'nt long enough...or my skin was'nt light enough...it was allways sumthing that made feel less than....

now I'm kinda accepting my self (now that the acne is gone......for now) but the scars are a daily reminder... of a pass that is full of inner pain....and I wanna start off new...

I dont have a bf...but the thing is I know I could get one if I stop pushing them away...But personally I feel more better rejecting them b4 they get the chance to reject me...