Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I have never felt so worthless in my entire life. I feel so dirty and disgusting. I can't even stand to look at myself, so I how could I possibly expect anyone else to look at me without being completely and totally disgusted. Everyone around me has smooth, clear skin.. and I look diseased. It has never been this bad before. I go to bed depressed every night and cry myself to sleep, only to wake up the next morning to look in the mirror and find things even worse than I left them the night before. I've tried everything short of Accutane, which my derm. wouldn't describe for me yet. I don't know what to do. I feel so hopeless. I used to hold out hope that things would be better 'tomorrow', but every time tomorrow comes, things have only gotten worse. I really don't know how much more I can take of this. I don't even want to live anymore. Please, I really need someone to talk to about this... noone understands, but I just can't handle it. I don't know what to do.

don't worry, a lot of people go through the exact same feelings, hell i did, i thought pretty much the same things, i was just as distressed as you. the regimen is working pretty well for me, but thinking positive will keep you better emotionally, and i noticed it made my skin better.

Yep I have felt this was so many times...it sucks. It really, really sucks. I don't know how to get through does moments...you just do I guess. The only thing that seems to help me even a small bit during those times is listening to music...or just try doing something you like that will take your mind of things for a while. Also if it's getting this bad go and talk to your derm and tell him you're ready to try anything...he has to give you something.

I have no solid facts that stress contributes to acne, but I'm sure constantly stressing about it doesn't do the body any good. Too much depression can cause you to miss out on so many things that you may later start to regret. My only advice is to draw attention to the positive aspects of your life. Back when I had acne, I use to say to myself for years "It could be worst."

Thanks for the reply. I just turned 18 and have been going to a derm. since I was 12 or so. I've done the prescription BP washes, Benzaclin, Benzamyacin, Differin, Mino, Doxy. I just went back 10 days ago, and she put me on Retin-A. I wanted Accutane. I asked her for Accutane, and she said that it wouldn't help my acne, because it's solely oil based, and that as soon as I went off the Accutane, it would come back. She said to give the Retin-A at least 8 weeks, and after that she would consider Accutane.

I kept trying to tell myself that it could be worse, too... but now, every day I wake up and it IS worse. I'm just losing hope of it ever getting better, of me ever being normal again. And it's hard because it came on so suddenly. My skin wasn't perfectly clear before, but it wasn't bad at all. Now it's terrible, and it's all happened in the last 3 weeks.

Dont worry man, everybody on this site (except for the very few jackasses) have all been through it, some to an extreme degree and some to a minimal, so don't feel isolated...theyre out there.

I try not to feel isolated, but I do feel isolated, very isolated. And I'm sure a great deal of that is due to the fact that I isolate myself in times like these. I don't want anyone to see me like this - I feel subhuman. It's so embarrassing. I feel like I've wasted so much of my life because of the low self-esteem acne has left me with. I try to imagine what my life would be like, and would have been like in the past, if I had clear skin. Everything would be so different..

you know acne isnt the worst thing.. i would trade my terrible eyes for more acne any day.. the skin around my eyes is so thin that you can see blue/red veins under them which makes them dark 100% of the time.. its absolutely terrible.. its much worse than acne.. i dont think any of you know what its like when everyone thinks ur tired 24/7 or have a black eye

you know acne isnt the worst thing.. i would trade my terrible eyes for more acne any day.. the skin around my eyes is so thin that you can see blue/red veins under them which makes them dark 100% of the time.. its absolutely terrible.. its much worse than acne.. i dont think any of you know what its like when everyone thinks ur tired 24/7 or have a black eye

If anyone wants to talk, feel free to PM me.  I could really use someone to talk to about all of this.  Thanks.

MC

I've tried just about everything out there. BP washes, Benzaclin, Benzamyacin, Differin, Mino, Doxy, etc. I'm currently using Retin-A (I've been using it for 10 days now) and I started taking my BCP again. It seemed to clear up my acne before, but since I stopped taking it in May, things have just gone down hill, so I started it again today.

I've tried just about everything out there.  BP washes, Benzaclin, Benzamyacin, Differin, Mino, Doxy, etc.  I'm currently using Retin-A (I've been using it for 10 days now) and I started taking my BCP again.  It seemed to clear up my acne before, but since I stopped taking it in May, things have just gone down hill, so I started it again today.

Yeah just know youre not alone, I've felt this way so many times, but after talking to my dermatologist, I realized your attitude affects alot of it. I know that sounds weird, but the more positive I am about it, the better it seems to look, and when I stress, it gets worse

I know how you feel. My skin will just keep getting worse and worse and it rarely gets better. And Super Celebs, I have the same thing you have. Not to such an extreme I don't think, but the skin around my eyelids is thinner than normal. So you can see the veins on the upper part of my eyes and my dark circles underneath vary.

I started feeling even worse lately about my skin as I watched all of my friends around me who used to have acne too get completely clear skin. Now I am the only one left. That's why I started to come here. Because there is nobody around me anymore that I can cope with.

I'm so glad I have you guys to talk to, because where i'm from everyone around me has perfect skin and It just doesnt seem fair, I keep asking the age old question, why me!? But I'm glad I dont have to face this alone!

it just makes me mad that i have had dark circles under my eyes for as long as i can remember.. and i never ever seem to see anyone else with any.. and i hate that i feel like im the only one with them.

I started feeling even worse lately about my skin as I watched all of my friends around me who used to have acne too get completely clear skin. Now I am the only one left. That's why I started to come here. Because there is nobody around me anymore that I can cope with.

that is how i feel and also why i came here...everyone elses face seems to be clearing while mine is not.......

it just makes me mad that i have had dark circles under my eyes for as long as i can remember.. and i never ever seem to see anyone else with any.. and i hate that i feel like im the only one with them.

what exactly is an eyeball massage? i dont know if it would work for me anyways.. the reason my eyes r dark is because you can see the veins under my eye skin.. i dont think massaging would help that really.

what exactly is an eyeball massage?  i dont know if it would work for me anyways.. the reason my eyes r dark is because you can see the veins under my eye skin.. i dont think massaging would help that really.

An eyeball massage is just as kanmi described. Another way to do it is to tap around your eyes, but beneath them especially, gently with your finger tips - kinda like tapping on a table.

It supposedly helps with blood circulation, since dark circles are explained as being poor blood circulation or ruptured blood capillaries from over-strained eyes.

I don't know how well that would work though, since I've never been so faithful as to do it every night, etc.