Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
king87

short accutane query

i'm currently on month2 accutane. i'm thinking of using BP cream to help my acne.

it hasn't seem to improve or anything that i noticed..only less oil and blackheads. those huge cyst still loitering around, they come and go..

it doesn't seem to have improve.

is it advisable or good to haf BP on..while on accutane course? its a cream, not a washer. thx.

Using Benzoyl Peroxide on Accutane is a big NO. Call your dermatologist if you want something topical to use in combination with Accutane. In the meantime, stop using that stuff.

thx for ur reply!

but i was actually prescribed accutane, with the bp.. tht has antibiotics in it too. i juz used finish it and was wondering if i shld get something like neutrogena on the spot treatment.

i'm sure i can't use retinA, but BP a sure no too... can others cfm it too and recommend something else? thx~

Your dermatologist prescribed them both together?!?? I've never heard of that. I know topicals like Cleocin-T, Erythromycin and Klaron have been used with Accutane in the past.

yup, its called Benzamycin Topical Gel. It has erthromycin and benzoyl peroxide in it.

i've stop it for like 2days already since i have nothing to apply lol.

^^^^

HEY ! MY DERM DID THE SAME THING.... but i ended up not taking accutane

where is ur derm from by any chance?

I was prescribed benzoyl peroxide (night) + vitamin A acid cream (morning) this while taking 80mg of accutane.

I have decided to only take benzoyl peroxide simply to lower the chances of breakouts and will stop using it once my skin is dry enough.

heh i got no idea why its a big NO. mayb its personal stuffs...

i live in singapore, i went to a derm in Hougang.

guess i shall get a new BP cream then.. or i'll wait till i go back to ask abt it, since i have to do a compulsory blood test for safety sake aft 2mths.

smile.gif