Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

ok, I have moderate/mild whatever you want to call it acne.

I have been following Dan's regimen for almost about a year now.

Wake up, wash my face with a cleanser, Apply Neutrogena on the spot, then moisturize. At night I do the same thing. I have been following this regimen religiously. I’ve never missed a day. Months pass, my face actually looks good! A week goes by, oh no here it comes again. It's been like that for a freakin year now. Sometimes I’m ashamed when I’m talking to a friend or a girl face to face.

Anyways, there's a month left before school starts again and I want to perhaps try something new? Ok, so this morning I wake up wow my face actually looks pretty decent. Since there's a month left before school this morning I say to myself lets just use my cleanser at night, sleep, wake up, use cleanser then just moisturize. So my day goes by, its 10 I go in the shower, take a nice shower, wash my face and etc. Then I look at my face in the mirror and oh no! Pimples everywhere. Usually, I would just say to myself, oh well it’ll probably go away in a few days. But this time, I just exploded, mentally of course. I said to myself what the hell is wrong with my god damn face. Why can’t it just be normal?????

Ok enough of my rambling. What should I do?????? Obviously, none of this bp shit works, and of course if I don’t apply anything to my face I get even more pimples. Honestly I don’t even know if my acne is that severe. I always ask my mom, “how’s my face today� she always says its good! It doesn’t even look like you have zits. I ask my sister, same thing. They’re not even being sarcastic either. But at school some of my friends make fun of my acne and believe me it does not feel good.

Ok so, should I just not apply anything period?(except for cleanser), should I JUST use bp and not moisturize? Should I just moisturize? WHAT THE HELL SHOULD I DO..

Sorry for the long post, some help would be nice..

By the way my msn is [email protected]

If anyone is willing to help me please add my msn.

Thanks a lot

Guest tenshigirl25

i wish i could tell u..ive just started with this paulas choice. cleanse, apply 2% BHA solution and then every other day I pat the blemish fighting solution on top, which is just 2.5% BP. everything same as u except the BHA included and a moisturiser. I think the BHA is unclogging my pores and th BP killing th bacteria. Only other thing i could say is change your diet and see if thats affecting your skin. I noticed that i get more pimples when i am putting too much stuff on my face, so i try to keep it gentle and just apply BP when i feel like I have too. my friends always tell me not to worry so much about my skin and it will get better, i think there is something to that.

Haha.. i kno the feeling >< But.. first of all.. CALM DOWN! dnt want your acne flaring.. tat b even worse. But.. lets c.. you said you only have minor zits right? Well.. if you do.. then..

I would stick to your method.. mayb add some toner? && if your face looks decent w/ this method on SOME days.. then.. i would just stick w/ it. Stay away from the sun and get lots of rest.. I think its just one of those occasional crappy things your face does.. i mean.. i have some really good days.. n some bad ones.. just depends. Hang in there..

&& w/ one month.. im sure you can do SOMETHING for your face. If you need ne more help.. let me kno n ill try to do the best i can. Good luck ><

ever think it might be more internal? have you ever thought that your diet may play a role? perhaps you need a major diet change and some cleansing.

ever think it might be more internal? have you ever thought that your diet may play a role? perhaps you need a major diet change and some cleansing.

I would DEFINALY continue using the BP because it's good stuff-it might be helping you more than you think. I agree with what was said above about adding a salicilic acid containing scrub such as 'st ives apricot' one or something like that- it helped me anyway. Maybe you're not using enough BP either? How much do you use?

Guest TylerD

Ya its good to get everything Dan suggests. 2.5 bp, a good oil free moisturizer, and a cleanser a gentle one like Basis bar or Spectro jel.