Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Testosterone

Dermablend, Male...

I currently use it, it's great and covers well, but whenever I put on the ammount where you cannot see any redmarks, it's a bit too white and a bit noticeable by girls, I think.

I don't want to go back the The Bay and get a different colour. Should I put on a tanner after or should I order something off of ebay that is 1 tone darker? Need replys tonight! Thanks!

I currently use it, it's great and covers well, but whenever I put on the ammount where you cannot see any redmarks, it's a bit too white and a bit noticeable by girls, I think.

I don't want to go back the The Bay and get a different colour. Should I put on a tanner after or should I order something off of ebay that is 1 tone darker? Need replys tonight! Thanks!

What colour(s) are you using at the moment? And is it the cover creme? I had the same problem at first, even though I was colour matched - it was noticeable when I did sport and when I got a bit of colour in the summer. I got the next shade down and mixed it.

Somewhere I have a chart that is organised in 'bands', with the next shade up or down indicated. I think they've changed the website now and arranged it differently, but I might be able to look it up if I can find the old paper copy.

I tend to wear a blusher, but another way of doing it is to 'dab in' the darker shade over the top of the lighter shade so it looks like the natural colouring you get on your cheeks / nose etc.

Let me know the colours and I'll see if I can find the chart.

I've been using dermablend lately too. I think I found a great match for my skin color...the thing is after a few hours, my face is REALLY shiny. I don't know if it's the dermablend, or if my skin is really oily. It never gets that shiny unless I put dermablend on.

Anyone else experience this?

I found the old chart on a UK site. Try www.dermablend.co.uk and it will take you to a UK based company that sells Dermablend. Click on 'original dermablend' and then there's a place to click for the shade chart. I used chroma 1/2 Warm ivory to begin with, but now mix it with chroma 1 1/4 Almond beige. Just make sure you know the name of the colour, not just the number, as the US Dermablend is labelled differently I think.

BTW It says on the UK site that Dermanblend will be made by Vichy in future, and the 'old' Dermablend will be phased out. Does anyone know anything about this?

aznriceboy - do you set the Dermablend with their setting powder? I sometimes need to press a bit more powder in, or blot my skin with a tissue, but it doesn't usually get that oily as long as I use the powder (though I don't live in a hot climate)

I found the old chart on a UK site.  Try www.dermablend.co.uk and it will take you to a UK based company that sells Dermablend.  Click on 'original dermablend' and then there's a place to click for the shade chart.  I used chroma 1/2 Warm ivory to begin with, but now mix it with chroma 1 1/4 Almond beige.  Just make sure you know the name of the colour, not just the number, as the US Dermablend is labelled differently I think.

BTW  It says on the UK site that Dermanblend will be made by Vichy in future, and the 'old' Dermablend will be phased out.  Does anyone know anything about this?

aznriceboy - do you set the Dermablend with their setting powder?  I sometimes need to press a bit more powder in, or blot my skin with a tissue, but it doesn't usually get that oily as long as I use the powder (though I don't live in a hot climate)

Yes, I use the setting powder. I try not to use too much though because I think it looks really obvious when I put on the setting powder. I live in Seattle and it's been pretty warm the past few weeks...maybe that's why.

Guest Dwight_Sheila69

Is there anything better that covers redmarks then Dermablend? Or is Dermablend the best? I was thinking about getting some but I hear its super thick. Im a little worried that it might clog my pores.

aznriceboy, apply the setting powder liberally on the covered areas. After waiting the recommended time, use a makeup brush to brush off the excess powder. Then barely dampen and squeeze out any moisture. Use the cloth to carefully pat the covered areas to make the powder look more natural. This method was recommended on a local shopping channel presentation.

To even out the covered areas with the rest of your face, some recommend applying a very light application of the setting powder on areas of the face that aren't covered with Cover Creme. Otherwise the areas where you've applied the Dermablend will look matte where the uncovered areas can look shinier.

Also, if your skin gets oily during the day, just use a paper towel or tissue (I find that the rough paper towels in public washrooms work the best) to very gently blot your skin, especially the areas covered with the cover creme. This will remove the shine and help the cover creme from breaking down and last longer.

Another thing I find that works is Compact Anti-Shine from Smashbox. The powder is deposited on the sponge and it is used to absorb the oils from the face. Unlike other cosmetics that just add more and more powder to the face, Compact Anti-Shine doesn't leave anything on the face and can be used by men and women. It can be found at the Smashbox website or at http://www.qvc.com/asp/frameset.asp?nest=%...ox&SearchClass=

Dwight, there are many concealing products, but I find Dermablend to be the most heavy duty. In fact, when set properly, you can even swim with it on.

Dermablend is somewhat thick and some people say it broke them out. I only use it for real problem areas. For ordinary coverage, I use Foundation Stick by Smashbox. It is a multipurpose product that can be applied lightly as a foundation or a little more as a concealer, but with my oily skin it doesn't last the entire day.

Others have had success with ColorStay concealer by Revlon. Once it sets, it won't rub off until you wash it off.

I'd like to try this, but is this available in Canada? I'd like a professional decide which color looks the most natural on me but it's quite embarrassing doing it in a busy department store. How do you tell which shade of color looks natural on you?

Guest TylerD

Yes it is available in Canada. You can get it at The Bay.

Thanks Tyler. So, how did you decide which shade of color is the most natural for you without asking the sales people to try it on you?

I have some more questions for you guys:

(1) Is Dermablend non-comedogenic, sweatproof, and waterproof?

(2) How hard is it to apply?

(3) Can I use it while on Accutane?

Please respond ASAP because I might go to The Bay this afternoon to check it out.

Guest TylerD

Well im sorry to say man but you have to get them to put it on for you lol. That is the only way to see a true match. Because they know how to blend it and stuff. Unfortanetly for me I couldnt find a match. So I decided to leave it. I found some that were close but when I wear makeup I want it to cover nice and not noticable at all. Mineral makeup is the best for that. So when you go just ask them to apply some. Its no big deal. When I was going there I saw another guy was testing out some makeup so it didnt make me feel as bad. Then again I dont care if people see me trying out makeup. Chances are I wont see them again anyway haha.

Some people find that Dermablend breaks them out, but it didn't for me. It is also relatively easy to apply...it just takes some practice. I recommend experimenting with it on a weekend when you don't have to leave the house. That way you will get an idea of how it will last throughout the day.

If you get sweaty or if you swim/shower with Dermablend on, just blot very carefully with a tissue or towel and it will reset itself...absolutely don't rub.

If you are too selfconscious to stand in the aisle of a department store while they apply makeup on you, try going to an esthetician. Call around to find one that carries Dermablend and make an appointment with them. They will apply it for you in relative privacy. (Don't let salons that don't carry Dermablend try and convince you the product line they carry is better than Dermablend.)

If you can't find one color of Cover Creme that matches your skin tone, they will help you find 2 shades you can blend together for a perfect match. You'll also need to buy the Setting Powder (they come in white and 2 other shades, depending on your skin tone).