Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
HorribleScarsonmyback

Scars on my back,Tell me what you think???

Hey everyone,Im new to this forum although have been looking at it for a while,A bit about me,Im 21 male from Ireland and had terrible cystic acne on my face neck back and chest since I was 17,I tried everything-you know the stuff,well finally my doctor referred me to dermatologist and put me on roaccutane at 19,I was on it for 7 months at eventually 80mg a day,I am off it now since May 2004 but am left with horrible scars on my back,I think I have them on ,I think i have some on my face too but I can live with them as many people say I dont have them and I have been told are superficial,I went to plastic surgeon and he told me he would not advice me to let anyone touch my face with anything as they are superficial and it is not worth and they could end up worse and my face is relatively in v good condition,to be honest I now agree with him after months of paranoia,Anyway sorry to be babbling on but I have truly terrible scars on my back which the plastic surgeon said he couldnt do anything for,What I would love everyone here to do especially the girls is to tell me how bad you actually think they are and would it put you off getting close to me,Please please be honest no matter how harsh yo umay have to be,Apologies for the size of the pictures but its all I have,Thanks everyone

The pictures are not very easy to view. But if you have scars on your back, the best thing to start doing is exfoliating. Get some St Ives apricot scrub and wash your back with it every day. If they still don't go away, you can get micro dermabrasion treatments on your back as well. Any spa does them, usually a dermatologist office does too.

mannnn, i know how you feel. Im not sure if your scars are REAL scars (indented scars/aka pock marks) or if its just red marks left over from acne (hyperpigmentation). I have very extreme scarring all over my back. I have pock marks, tiny white bumps, hyperpigmentation, long ditch like scars (looks like i got attacked by a bear). The long scars are really nasty ones and a more domesticated version of what they look like is like how your back looks after sleeping on a wrinkly surface (like how fabric leaves temporary wrinkles in your skin) cept mine are permanant. I have no idea what to do about ANY of my scarring and i am pretty damn desperate at this point. FOr me its literally become a life or death situation as having severe scarring is widely UNaccepted in the US. Im looking into dermabrasion for the tiny white bumps and shallow indents but the long deep scars are something that i think im gonna have to wait to fix until they have better technology. I wish i could help you as far as how your scars look, but your picture arent very clear. From what i CAN see, i can tell you that there IS worse. Just remember, you could be me.

Just me,

Will

dont you hate it when people dont reply to your posts and it gets all these views!!!!haha jk

anyways, im asian, pretty dark too i guess from all the tanning, mine isnt as bad as yours but maybe like 80% of that. dont you wish you couldof taken accutane a couple years earlier mad.gif but yea, my upper back has alot of brown spots, scars whatever you wanna call it. im gonna start with my 50% glycolic acid peel on it tomarrow and hope it will fade in a couple of sessions. i'll let you know how it goes.

I have scars not red marks,lots of white bumps and pocket like scars and lots of keloid scarring but ya know what,its your back,how many people see it and dont be ashamed about it cause lots and lots and lots of people have bad backs,wether it be spots,extreme hairiness and other things,I suppose I am kind of lucky as I have lots of freckles on my back so hopefully I can pass most of them off as this,and the rest im guna say are scars from veyr bad sunburn which blistered

Id suggest tanning, that might help somewhat, with the red marks at least. But you gotta ask yourself if the chance of skin cancer is worth it. Lol for me its more than worth it, and thats why i tan, to make my acne look better

I dunno about the whole tan thing,obvioulsy the darker you are the less noticable scars will be ,My doctor has told me to go and get in sun and derma told me too,we all know it does your skin long term damage!!!!! Sadly I dont tan at all just white with lots of freckles so tanning aint option for me!

Your back looks WAY better than mine. I'm thinking of going swimming in a chlorine pool to see if it helps.

Just a suggestion, Proactiv Deep Cleansing Wash has cleared up my back a little bit. It has cleared it up enough for me to take my shirt off in public.

Cheers for that mate,the pic doesnt show my scars,it is mainly scars i have but do have a bit of active acne-went back to my derm to ask if i need accutane again and he said no way,try minocin for few months if u want but it doesnt even really need that,I have loads of scars,most of them are now white lumpy and hopefully over the coming winter they will continue to turn white,Thanks for makin me feel better anyway,i garantee my back is worse than urs!!!!!

Where bouts do u live?

Im in Ireland and thank god it is so laid back over here and the people arnt as body obsessed as America Uk etc

dont say that!! bad here, just smile! and dont feel bad for havin those scars, im sure there are worse things out there, like poverty or wars or hunger, worse that sum scars on your back, thank god for what you've got! sum ppl dosnt hav a hand, or a leg, just smile and you'll feel better smile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gif

I seriously wish there was more options for body scarring. when you desribe it further it really does sound a lot like mine. i can tell you though that mine is more than likely worse than yours as i seem to have been predisposed to getting some slash like scarring (looks like ive been attacked by a bear). These marks are large and intented and pink in color. Ill be honest with you, all these scars all over my back has pushed me to attempting suicide a few times and I know ill make the attempt again. I want very badly to help myself and you as well as i know how painful this can be.

As far as those white bumps go, i still dont know what they really are. are they scars? rash? fungus? dermatitis? I seem to have developed more of them without prior acne or injury so im a bit confused. can dermabrasion take care of fine raised bumps on the back, shoulders, and upper arms? Can laser resurfacing or TCA cross be performed on indented scarring on the back and shoulder blades? If anyone can provide information as to give us body scar sufferers some resolve, please follow up. Maybe if we all just hope really hard and diligently, something might be available. Its all i can come up with at this point.

Just me,

Will

I seriously wish there was more options for body scarring. when you desribe it further it really does sound a lot like mine. i can tell you though that mine is more than likely worse than yours as i seem to have been predisposed to getting some slash like scarring (looks like ive been attacked by a bear). These marks are large and intented and pink in color. Ill be honest with you, all these scars all over my back has pushed me to attempting suicide a few times and I know ill make the attempt again. I want very badly to help myself and you as well as i know how painful this can be.

As far as those white bumps go, i still dont know what they really are. are they scars? rash? fungus? dermatitis? I seem to have developed more of them without prior acne or injury so im a bit confused. can dermabrasion take care of fine raised bumps on the back, shoulders, and upper arms? Can laser resurfacing or TCA cross be performed on indented scarring on the back and shoulder blades? If anyone can provide information as to give us body scar sufferers some resolve, please follow up. Maybe if we all just hope really hard and diligently, something might be available. Its all i can come up with at this point.

Just me,

Will