Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
skintough

Minocyclin(oral)/Clindamycin and Retina-A(topical)

just came back from the doctor. She told me about my oily skin and my comedones(small bumps along my forehead and cheeks) and perscribed me Minocyclin, clindamycin, and retin-a. I hope this works out for me, but i'd like to know if anyone else has tried this treatment and saw some success.

Well I was on doxycycline, clindamycin and retin a micro .04%. I did notice that my skin improved somewhat but I was still breaking out. I think my skin just needed a stronger retinoid. Now I am on tazorac cream .1% and my face is looking a hell of a lot better. I think you are on some good stuff. If you don't see improvements within 8-12 weeks, let your derm know you want to be moved up to something stronger.

I was on mino for forever, and just started Retin-A, and both make you sensitive to the sun. Make sure to use sunscreen, and you should be ok! smile.gif

The funny thing is that I thought since I have light brown skin and I don't burn easily, I would be okay out in the sun. But the last time I went to the derm, he told me to make sure I don't stay out in the sun too long. Also, I have noticed that my skin does seem irritated if I stay out too long without sunscreen. So yeah, wear plenty of sunscreen.

Yeah.. I hate sunscreen, too.. but every time I'd try spending time in the sun without it, I REALLY regretted it. Just try to find a sunscreen that works for you - there are sunscreens out there that are oil-free and non-comodogenic, even some for acne-prone skin. These don't seem to make me as oily/shiny as other sunscreens.