Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
hamhead

is acne a disease?

i heard somewhere before that acne is a disease. is that true or did i hear wrong!!!!! thx :)/

Yes Acne is a disease pimples can be caused by various factors but "ACNE" is a disease. (as far as I know 8-[ )

As far as I know English, I would say yes, Acne is a disease. But it is not an infectious one ! Because P. acne is a bacteria that is normaly present in every skins, healthy or not.

i heard somewhere before that acne is a disease. is that true or did i hear wrong!!!!! thx :)/

Acne is NOT a disease. Disease is something that you get from the outside world. Acne is something that your body generates on it's own because of certain conditions in your body, NOT THE ENVIORNMENT. This is just a natural reaction to hormonal changes in your body. So NO, acne IS NOT a disease.

Acne is NOT a disease. Disease is something that you get from the outside world.
Incorrect. Disease= A pathological condition of a part, organ, or system of an organism resulting from various causes, such as infection, genetic defect, or environmental stress, and characterized by an identifiable group of signs or symptoms.

Acne IS a bacterial disease. I dunno where you got your definition of a disease.

Acne is NOT a disease. Disease is something that you get from the outside world.
Incorrect. Disease= A pathological condition of a part, organ, or system of an organism resulting from various causes, such as infection, genetic defect, or environmental stress, and characterized by an identifiable group of signs or symptoms.

Acne IS a bacterial disease. I dunno where you got your definition of a disease.

Ok fine you win about the definition of disease. BUT i still think that acne is way to common to be considered a DISEASE.

DUDES! just look at the WORD, blast whatever tome you've consulted.

in yoga we get pretty simple {perhaps bcs most of it is in sanskrit}

Disease......DIS-EASE....

UN COMFORTABLE.... and by comfortable I don't mean kickin' in on the Barcalounger, I mean your body is easy & comfortable w/ all of its organic processes and metabolic fuction.

Labels, like emails w/o smileys, serve to generalize & misconstrue.

Oddly, bcs acne isn't generally life threatening, it is commonly belittled as a "phase" or dramatized as a "plague"

I stongly believe in individual veracity in perception. If you are un easy w/ your zits, your health is affected and you need the medical validation, then it is a disease.

But then again, if you are simply frustrated, well that is a condition....shared w/ much of the human race.

It's hard guys....we want to be taken seriously about how this crap hurts us INSIDE, yet we don't want to be hindered by the physical or social stigma of a "disease"

I do it day by day....today my acne is....irritating {mentally} But I have had times where I felt only leprosy could be as ugly and horrifying.