Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
marcin872

wanna buy a electric shaver which one?

ive had bad experiences with razors and creams tried all of them and donet work. I dont really have a fully grown beard but my hair is ruff sharp and pointy and when i shave it with a razor i get acne and now my whole lower area is red scars and acne bumps all over it and i cant take it so i wanna buy a electric shaver. will this really help this stop and i wanna get one thats not crazy expensive but still good. can anyone recommend me one please thanx. im only 18 so i dont know much about electric shavers or hoew they work and how to use them. I need one that is good for acne prone skin cuz i dont want to get this and continue to get bumps and acne

ive had bad experiences with razors and creams tried all of them and donet work. I dont really have a fully grown beard but my hair is ruff sharp and pointy and when i shave it with a razor i get acne and now my whole lower area is red scars and acne bumps all over it and i cant take it so i wanna buy a electric shaver. will this really help this stop and i wanna get one thats not crazy expensive but still good. can anyone recommend me one please thanx. im only 18 so i dont know much about electric shavers or hoew they work and how to use them. I need one that is good for acne prone skin cuz i dont want to get this and continue to get bumps and acne

Jeez, it's tough to say because there are so many out there to choose from. I personally use an electric, a Norelco Quadra Action 7885XL. (I kicked myself in the ass because I find out later I could have gotten the 7825XL and got the same results but without the flashy little LCD screen)

here's something you can check out: linky

Be sure to research around though... and keep in mind your skin will take a while to get used to shaving with an electric.. it's normal, so don't stress.

If you have ingrown hairs and go get a Norelco make sure to go to this Kosher site that tells you how to remove the lift and cut feature, as it help reduce the chance of ingrowns.

Have you tried using SA as an ingrown hair treatment? It works real well for me...there are other products such as TendSkin (Really strong) or Paulas Choice Skin relief treatment (same as tendskin just not as painful/strong).

I shave with a double edge saftey razor (old school)

http://www.menessentials.com/oxid.php/sid/...c3bd25.45462608

Redness and ingrowns have gone down a good bit. I know this is initially expensive but Mach 3 blades are $8 for 4 where as this is 10 blades for $4. The blades for the double edge last WAY longer than all cartridge blades. Pays off after a month or so.

I have seen three derms in my life for ingrown hairs and the last resort was going to be laser hair removal, but I am dark skinned and laser will remove a lot of hair but not all of it. This was 5 years ago and I was 19 at the time so I passed.

Another technique would be to use a toner of some sort, apply it to a towel and rub (gently) in circular motion where you shave. It lifts the hair, removes dead skin, and may buff down the hair itself. Moisturize after. It takes time for any reg to work so give it time. If you go the electric route your skin needs 3-4 weeks to adjust from blade shaving to electric. Make sure you get an electric that allows you to return it before 30 days. Good luck

The best shaver on the market is the Philishave Sensotec. Its also the most expensive @ around 300. Its good for people with acne though cause u can adjust the closeness.