Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
lulu482

Scarring and Accutane

Did anyone who took Accutane have their scars improve after getting off of it...my scars have gotten worse (rolling or boxcar not sure which whatever kind goes away when the skin is stretched) since being on the drug and I was wondering if anyones scars got better after getting off of it! Please Respond!!!!!!!!!!

Did anyone who took Accutane have their scars improve after getting off of it...my scars have gotten worse (rolling or boxcar not sure which whatever kind goes away when the skin is stretched) since being on the drug and I was wondering if anyones scars got better after getting off of it! Please Respond!!!!!!!!!!

i can´t agree.Accutane made my scars worser and more visible.

Before i took Accutane i didn´t notice any scars in my face.The Dryness effect

of Accutane creates scars cause the dry skin is not able to heal very well.

My advise to all people is never to take Accutane,it ruined my life.

Accutane didn't help me w/ my scarring but it worked wonders for my acne.

During the course of accutane, my skin looked really bad in general, because it was dry and flaky. Since I finished my course a few weeks ago, my skin has been gradually recovering.

During the course of accutane, my skin looked really bad in general, because it was dry and flaky. Since I finished my course a few weeks ago, my skin has been gradually recovering.

I had wondered about the possibillity of worse scarring as well, I've never been on it. I had really bad cystic type acne from the age of 13 though 18 then it pretty much cleared up, but Ill tell you I never noticed any bad scarring untill I got much older and looking at pics of that age my skin looked fine its only been in the last 7 years or so that these scars have become very noticeable which really sucks because I would have thought that they would have gotten better over time. maybe smoking has taken its toll, or scars continue to get worse over time I just dont know. I know that they will try everything first to see if they can avoid giving you the accutane

I had wondered about the possibillity of worse scarring as well, I've never been on it. I had really bad cystic type acne from the age of 13 though 18 then it pretty much cleared up, but Ill tell you I never noticed any bad scarring untill I got much older  and looking at pics of that age my skin looked fine its only been in the last 7 years or so that these scars have become very noticeable which really sucks because I would have thought that they would have gotten better over time. maybe smoking has taken its toll, or scars continue to get worse over time I just dont know. I know that they will try everything first to see if they can avoid giving you the accutane

I finished taking accutane in February. The first month or so, it seemed like I didn't have any scarring at all. I felt like I've beaten acne and scarring at the same time. After the first month I noticed that I indeed have scars from my cystic acne. sad.gif My derm should have prescribed or told me what I should have used so I wouldn't have scarred so bad.

Every person ive spoken to whos taken accutane has suffered some sort of long term repercussion. On going side effects, or their acne comes back or something... i would like to take it to get rid of my acne but I will never just because of whats involved

Every person ive spoken to whos taken accutane has suffered some sort of long term repercussion. On going side effects, or their acne comes back or something... i would like to take it to get rid of my acne but I will never just because of whats involved

Guest niko

I'm currently on a light 10 mg daily dose. My acne was coming back and I was nervous accutane would make me look horrible...but surprisingly my skin looks a lot better. After 30 pills all the blackheads are gone...skin is clearing and looks much smoother. I also do an enzyme peel 1-2 times a week which helps. I'm impressed so far. My scars look the same as before I started accutane.