Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
atomix

staying healthy

how does a person stay away from breads and fruits but still maintain a healthy diet? i'm also working out and i want to live healthy so... dont we need breads and fruits to function?

one more thing, im asian. rice is a staple. should i refrain from that?

Being asian as well, I ate white rice almost everyday during my the last 5 months as I battled to beat acne. I've heard many say that wheat/bread may cause acne, but I don't know why you'd remain from fruits. I on the other hand never had any acne reactions from bread and I did nothing but munch on fruits during my vegetarian diet. Being an athlete and a vegetarian, eating rice was probably my main source that provided me carbohydrates. Without rice, I probably would not have had the energy to run my 3km a day during track.

u can try other tyhpes of rice like brown or basmati. i havent personally tested myself for allergy or insulin resistance but i believe i might

Fruits are good in moderation. Berries, especially, are good. I eat two pieces of whole grain bread every day.

The most important part of an acne diet is maintaining a healthy weight. When you stop eating red meat, diary, and all the other bad things, you lose a lot of calories and as a result drop weight. This can be dangerous.

Most foods contain such substances that make the skin pinch off sebum canals causing that way acne. For a good health all you need to do is to eliminate ALL foods that can cause acne, for about one to two weeks. Once your skin is totally clean, you can either do your own experiments or you can start adding 'munch-foods' that are the least 'acne-causing' to your diet, to the extend that you want your skin to be clean.

Take a bodybuilder's diet, it surely helps.

Eat meats, (lots of it if you want just avoid fat), a cup of rice, fruits (especially coconut meat), and white bread after exercise or workout. You can eat even 5 plates per meal as long as it's fried mix vegettables (my favorite) or any other vegetable/sea food menus.

fruits break down into sugar a form of sugar. white bread, rice break down into a form of sugar.

your best bet is to eat everything WHOLE WHEAT, no white bread, rice etc... Also, meats, plenty of vegetables (very green ones like broccoli, escarole etc) some fruits, and an occasional cheat of a very small sweets here or there

that diet seems to work best. Take vitamins too. A good multi, extra vitamin C, some calcium wont hurt, and fish oils are good too