Jump to content
Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Raf

OK diet does not affect acne... really? http://www.freeacne

OK I've read it; I think these hypotheses, displayed at that site, are:  

  1. 1. OK I've read it; I think these hypotheses, displayed at that site, are:

    • crazy and nuts
      1
    • somewhat absurd
      1
    • strange, but maybe there's something in it
      3
    • OK, perhaps a bit he's right
      3
    • I have always suspected food - it MUST be right!
      6
    • Eureka! I am saved! I love sushi from now on!
      1


a year or half ago I came across a site: http://www.freeacnebook.com/

has anybody tried its suggestions?it really concerned me - some of the assumptions sounded quite bold but very probable... -

- especially milk and highly prepared foods (chips, fried meat - when I wasn't on Accutane [now i am] I always broke out badly of that even a day after).

But I can't rely on that source only: has anybody tried this with considerable success? (I mean eliminating all acne, and keeping skin clear enough, with an occasional whitehead at outmost).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

just devote a couple of minutes to reading some of the pages on the site and utter your opinion freely

I appreciate any good/bad opinion bout it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

please go to freeacnebook.com. i guarentee it'll will work for at least some of you who try it. the problem is it requires A LOT of willpower, i have to fight my own urges and people calling me crazy all day long. it is the first thing that actually noticeably helped my acne. if you have the will, this could be your way.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok I have been on SCD (the Specific Carbohydrate Diet) for 4 months. This means I eat ONLY eggs, cheese, olive oil, fruit and vegetables (meat is allowed but I'm vegetarian).

Some comments on this acne book...

"Since glucose is essential to the brain, maintaining a low-carb diet can cause forgetfulness, impatience, and/or a reduced ability to cope with stress (and depressions)."

I haven't eaten any glucose in 4 months, I have had much more energy, alertness and been a lot less depressed then prior to SCD.

It claims cellulite is due to "excessive moisture" in the skin. I thought it was poor circulation / distribution of fat??

Basically this book attributes acne to water retention / excess moisture in the skin.

HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM !!

can anyone really do this for two weeks?

http://www.freeacnebook.com/SampleDiet.htm

I can't I'm veggie and I don't eat fish.

I did eat just boiled carrots and tomatoes for a week tho when I started SCD hehe

Well if I was to do this in addition to SCD I would only be left with fruit, salad and raw carrots and peppers I guess. So I'll pass :)

In conclusion this diet will help acne, as SCD does. Why? because eating lots of fruit and vegetables (which they both encourage) are good for you because they contain lots of anti-oxidents. But everyone already know that right?

=D>

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OK user, I'd understan your diet if there was no cheese - it is actually a dairy product. All acne-related dieticians emphasize that milk foods aggravate acne (cow's milk is good enough for calves just like human milk is appropriate for human infants).

Most of cow's milk is said to bo not digestible - it passes through your body, leaving some lactose in there, and toxins/hormones/bad proteins/etc. in your liver.

I'm no specialist at these matters but read here and there and found out about some food-related issues. So you say your diet consists of cheese?

btw - I've happened upon another site also just a half year ago it was something like www.acnefree.com - the guy sells books on how to get rid of acne without the meds. Has anybody ordered it and applied its rules?

As far as I know, that "bookseller" said tomething about carbohydrate balance or sth, I don't remember.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

sorry a hyphen can do some confusion

of course I meant

www.acne-free.com

he even claims he "cures" cystic acne... [-(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

you can find an argument for and against nearly everything, usually resulting in many, many contradictions. in milk, people argue against that it doesn't provide a good source of calcium and is loaded with hormones that are unhealthy for humans and that it is fattening. then people argue for it that is is the number 1 source of calcium and is one of the best parts of a person's diet. so don't believe everything you read.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

xxadrenacromexx, you're saying that the paleo-diet has actually relieved or much alleviated your acne

but did it clear you up entirely? (as accutane, for example, or B5, which I'm not sure about)

and if not, to which medicament would you compare the extent of improvemt in term of efficacy (e.g. tretinoin, differin, tazorac, and antibiotics doxy, mino, eryhro)???

how about occasional breaking the rules? does a single disobeying of rules affect skin at once and distinctively?

and the last but not least - can one work out in a gym when on such an hypo-protein diet (10 grams of proteins?) ??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Personally, I think that diet does cause acne!

The western civilization is applying all these harsh chemicals onto their faces when most of them do not do anything. Some may think that it's the dirt that is causing the acne, others may not. If we have to clean out face with clean water and any sort of detergent, why don't the children on TV that we see all the time that do not have anything to eat or drink wash? And if they wash they have to wash with dirty water. What I'm getting with the water thing is that even if we apply all these harsh chemicals, it wouln't prevent our acne, it's the diet that is causing it. We eat so much oil a day that our body has to get rid of it. If the body does not know of a way to get rid of all the excess oils from fast foods, etc, it'll breakout on our face causing pimples. I read about this on some site years back, but I didn't really believe it.

Also, I've heard that there is no scientific proof that acne is caused by diets, but I do not think that people spend the money researching if acne is caused by diets. Instead, money is spent created man/factory-made chemicals that do almost nothing for pimples.

I don't know how accurate my information is, but they are just my thoughts.

~somuchsolittle

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I definitely think diet has a huge effect on acne. But, it can also be attributed to the genetics of the person. --why some have it and some dont.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

when you mean genetics, you prolly think of adult acne, because most of teenagers (90%) can have acne at least temporarily, so this kinda acneic gene would have to be present in every human.

I also think adult acne is likely to be hereditary - my younger brother who's adult, too, has acne as well.

but on the other way, we used to eat the same meals quite often, so it could be the point :-s

ALL WHO READ IT PLEASE:

tell about your siblings - do they or don't they have it and is it the same as yours or different case from yours? especially I'm concerned with adult acne (from 20 years of age and on), because it's perhaps hereditary.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

(see previos post)A LOT better than bp and differin treatment, i used eurythromycin and salicylic and a whole lotta crap on my face and my skin looks great now that i've followed www.freeacnebook.com. My back problems and headaches reduced as well (i think). my sleep schedual isn't perfect and sometimes i under-eat which causes acne (as you'll see if you read the book). Just try it please, everyone,please please please please please please. It 's completely free and it's more healthy for u neway even if your skin doesn't get better.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

YOU JUST MUST READ THIS FOLKS!!!

http://groups.google.com/groups?dq=&hl=en&...t.skincare.acne

the guy writes:

So I gave in to the buzz about raw foods and I must say that there is

> definitely something to it! Yesterday I ate raw broccoli, carrots, and an

> uncooked, defrosted chicken breast. Within a few hours after eating, my

> body began eliminating toxins, both orally and through that "other" route

> (sorry if too graphic!). I must have built up many toxins over the years,

> because the reaction was quite violent. Unfortunately, I also "barfed" up

> the carrots and broccoli, but my raw food guru told me that it must have

> been because they were not organic and the body will reject the pesticides

> because the stomach is smart enough to know better. The body really is an

> amazing piece of work!

>

> Looking forward to my uncooked pork chop and raw veggie dinner... and this

> time, I'll make sure the veggies are ORGANIC ;0)

isn't ThAt BeaUtiFOOL??? I personally LUV it - i laughed myself to death!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I really think it depends from person to person, when I had acne was not because of what I was eating, now I eat a lot of so called “bad stuff� and I am clean.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Personalized Advice Quiz - All of Acne.org in just a few minutes


×