Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Koolaid

What type of acne is this?

Hello everyone,

I am reposting this to get some info because i did not get any informative response to this post. I am in dire need of some advice concerning my acne as it is causing scarring. I am not sure what type of acne this is, but I will try to describe it. It starts off as what seems to be a blackhead on my inner cheek, but after a few days it begins to protrude and form a very tiny hard crust. The crust usually falls off by itself in few days or accidentlly comes off when washing, and leaves a very tiny hole on my face, which creates a scarred pore. ALso, I did not notice this type of acne until I started using Retin-A, which I think may have been the cause. Any advice to what this type of acne maybe would be greatly appreciated.

i think it's just a blackhead. its hard to tell without photos. what is that hard crust like? what color?

At first I thought it was a blackhead, but really not sure because im not sure if blackheads are suppose to protrude to form a small hard ball. The crust is not exactly white, but more of a crust clear color.

we appreciate if u could post some photos of it. it could just be a scab of an old skin since u said youre taking retin-a andd its action is actually digging up to the surface the accumulated sebum so the protrusien could of prolly been due to this

we appreciate if u could post some photos of it. it could just be a scab of an old skin since u said youre taking retin-a andd its action is actually digging up to the surface the accumulated sebum so the protrusien could of prolly been due to this

I'm sorry I cannot post pic since I do not have a scanner or digital camera. Your opinion does make sense though. My skin does tend to peel and flake a lot, which maybe the cause. I have stopped using Retin-a for close to a year now as it was way to irritating and made my skin peel way too much, but even now I still seem to get this type of condition.

A similar thing happened to me when I used retin A. I did not have any scarring prior to using. After being on it for a couple weeks my acne exploded all over my face. It eventually toned down but I was never acne free the whole time I was on it (almost one year) and it caused my face to be red and irritated and changed the pattern of my acne. Before using I only had mild acne which consisted of surface blemishes that normally only lasted a couple of days. While I was using retin A I started getting small hard bumps that were deep in the skin and everytime one would heal it would form a hard crusted ball on the end which always left me with a tiny, pin-prink looking scar and when enough of those formed in a row it left a thin, indented line. I was also left with bigger scars from healing acne lesions while on it. I continued to use it for so long out of desperation. My suggestion to you is to stop using it now before anymore damage happens and go with a different type of treatment. Differin, which is similar to retin A, but much easier on the skin and works ten times better for clearing up blemishes. If I could go back I would demand to be put on accutane in order to permantely clear up the acne in order to prevent any scarring.

Hello everyone,

I am reposting this to get some info because i did not get any informative response to this post.  I am in dire need of some advice concerning my acne as it is causing scarring. I am not sure what type of acne this is, but I will try to describe it. It starts off as what seems to be a blackhead on my inner cheek, but after a few days it begins to protrude and form a very tiny hard crust. The crust usually falls off by itself in few days or accidentlly comes off when washing, and leaves a very tiny hole on my face, which creates a scarred pore.  ALso, I did not notice this type of acne until I started using Retin-A, which I think may have been the cause. Any advice to what this type of acne maybe would be greatly appreciated.

Thnx for the replys guys.

Northernflower21, I think we both are going through the same dilemma. Ur description of ur acne and scarring is exactly what I am going through. I have stopped using retin-a, but the after effects i can still see. It has changed the texture of my skin making it more thin which makes it more likely to scar. It is good to know that I am not alone =). Any suggestions to treat these shallow scars would be awesome =).