Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
blondewithacne1672

Are these products okay?

Well since I couldn't find the Neutrogena Gentle Cleanser for the regimen anywhere...I decided to buy Neutrogena Rapid Clear Oil-Control Cleanser and it doesn't say anywhere on it that it's no comedogenic or anything, but it also doesn't contain and salycilic acid or BP...so I think it's safe. Did anyone else use this? It smells wonderful and I hope it's safe to use with the regimen. I also got the neutrogena on the spot stuff and neutrogena moisturizer with SPF 15. Someone let me know whats up!! Or let me know where I can get the Neutrogena or Purpose cleanser. Did anyone notice that most of Neutrogena's cleansers contain salycilic acid...eww...just be careful when u buy them!

everything sounds good except I am not sure about that cleanser. What exactly is the "oil control" ingredient? Not sure where you live, but I find Purpose at Walmart.

If that cleanser is gentle (no scrubby things),non-medicated, oil-free and non-comedogenic, it should be fine, but since it doesn't say that it is, it makes me wonder.

Well I'm guessing if it's oil-control then it has to be oil-free because that would pretty much make sense...and they probably did have purpose at wal mart and i just missed it because that's where i got the neutrogena. There are no scrubby things, it is very soft and smooth. I would think it's also non comedogenic because most neutrogena products are. Here are the ingredients:

Water, Potassium Stearate, Glycerin, PEG-8, Propylene, Glycol, Potassium Myristate, Potassium Laurate, Stearic Acid, Beeswax, Glycerol Stearate, and Fragrance