Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I came across this site looking for a store that sells proactiv. I've been on Murad since March and have been getting bi-weekly AHA facials. It worked no better than the Walmart salicylic acid stuff I'd been using. I was gonna give proactiv another go until I read about so many other people having no luck on it. When I used it before, it only helped a little. So, I stumbled across the "regimen" and went straight to Walmart to buy what I needed. I bought Phisoderm's new PH2O gentle scrub, their nurturing moisurizer, a Panoxyl BP bar,Persagel BP, and Oxy's tinted BP.

I've had mild/moderate acne since I was 12, and I have tried everything to get rid of my acne. Things would work at first, then my skin would slowly start breaking out again. I am almost 25 now with some scarring,and have been to several dermatologists. I would never try Accutane because of the side effects, but I've been on Retin-A, Avita(sp), Differin, Cleocin-T, and various antibiotics. The only work I've had done was a series of microderm abrasion treatments. They didn't do a thing, but I don't think they were done right. I have an appointment with a plastic surgeon next week. I'm gonna look into chemical peels for my scarring and blemish marks. Back to the regimen..

I've been using it for two days only. I wash with the scrub, then the Panoxyl bar. I use my hands only (no washcloth). I then apply Persagel (and plenty of it) and then pat on some of the PH2O moisturizer. I tried the tinted BP but it caked on my face, so for makeup I use Maybelline concealer that I apply with a little brush to my scars, red marks, and bumps. I put germ gel on the brush after every use. If I need powder for redness I use Covergirl's Fresh powder and apply with a cotton ball. I also apply my blush with a cotton ball. I use each side of the cotton ball before I throw it away.

My face has done a complete turnaround in two days. I can't jump up and down yet because usually when I try something new, it helps some. Murad made me worse at first and for the first couple months AND Proactiv only worked if I washed my face with something else first, then suddenly stopped working for me after a year. I'm gonna wrap this up before I write a flippin book, but just thought I'd mention that my bumps went away right after switching from Murad to BP. I don't seem to have as many blocked pores either. So, thank you DAN!!!

I've been using it for two days only. I wash with the scrub, then the Panoxyl bar. I use my hands only (no washcloth). I then apply Persagel (and plenty of it) and then pat on some of the PH2O moisturizer.  I tried the tinted BP but it caked on my face, so for makeup I use Maybelline concealer that I apply with a little brush to my scars, red marks, and bumps. I put germ gel on the brush after every use. If I need powder for redness I use Covergirl's Fresh powder and apply with a cotton ball. I also apply my blush with a cotton ball. I use each side of the cotton ball before I  throw it away.

My face has done a complete turnaround in two days. I can't jump up and down yet because usually when I try something new, it helps some. Murad made me worse at first and for the first couple months AND Proactiv only worked if I washed my face with something else first, then suddenly stopped working for me after a year. I'm gonna wrap this up before I write a flippin book, but just thought I'd mention that my bumps went away right after switching from Murad to  BP. I don't seem to have as many blocked pores either. So, thank you DAN!!!

I pretty much skimmed the regimen when I came across it online by accident. I did notice that a lower bp % was recommended but didn't see any at the store. I have really really oily skin and don't wear foundation so it hasn't been too bad yet. It's actually nice waking up with dry skin, but I look like an old lady with the wrinkles under my eyes, lol. I'm using more lotion and stopped using the bp all over. My skin is clear and only slightly red BUT I think this is my clear week anyway. I tend to break out every other week. Last week was the worst.

Well, thanks for the advice and I will look into the lower % so I don't burn my skin as much.

It's not time to jump up and down yet, but you can maybe bob up and down a little smile.gif The regimen worked remarkably fast for me, probably within a week. It depends on the person, but if you read the success stories, some people respond immediately. You might get a breakout still, but then again, you might not.

Well, my face has been pretty dry and peeling, but I don't wear makeup so it's really no bother. I did switch from 10% to 5% BP face soap (Panoxyl) and there was a store brand 2.5% BP. It's pretty runny but I didn't get that immediate dry feeling I got from the 10%. I've only had one tiny breakout since I've been on the BP regimen for a week. I normally get 1 or 2 new ones a day. I'm usually extremely pasty white with red blotches, but the BP seemed to make my face an even tone..which seems odd to me. AND the PH20 face wash with beads and the face cream doesn't seem to be breaking me out, although I just realized the boxes say nothing about being oil-free or non-comedogenic, etc....