Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
cweb

My accutane log~

I just started accutane yesterday...i take 40 mg pill after supper...

this morning when i woke my i noticed i had some new pimples and my lips were drying up.... i think more pimples will come up when i start taking some more pills.. hope my initial breakout won't be hell

WEEK 1

not seeing much improvement for my acne... gettinga little more pimples... my skin is definately dry... and red.. and skin tone is juz horrible looking...

i guess i'm expecting results too early.. its only been 1 week....

oh yeah and my skins been really itchy... and i can't help but scratch it..its pretty irritating..

and so far only 1 nosebleed... side effects aren't realy bothering me.. except for the itchy skin...

i juz hope i don't stay this red..

WEEK 2

well the good news is.. i still don't have that intial breakout.... my face is a little better... some discolouration... a little pink...

the bad news is.... although my white heads are comming out.... i see that i'm getting more shallow / ice pick scars.... which really sucks.. because they are becoming more noticable~!.'....

but my nose still has a lot of blackheads that don't seem to want to come out.. i guess i'll have to be more patient....

as for the side effects.. my skin is kinda dry.. not overly dry... but u can see some of the skin flaking.... and my lips.. oh my.. they are sooo chapped... unbelievable.. it was really irratating... i juz try to touch it too much. .cuz sometimes i can't stand it and end up peeling the skin off.

well so far things are steady.. hope improvements come soon.

WEEK 2

well wuddaya know... i have 3 big cysts on the right cheek.. which looks horrible.. i already have lots of dark red marks there.. and these are gonna leave more marks...

the left side of my face is fine so far.... juz a buncha red marks.. no zits or nuttin....

not much change from week 1.. just i don't have any nosebleeds anymore... but my lips are still chapped ....and face is pretty dry... not overly dry.. but still dry... at least i don't got no oily face anymore.. or at least while i'm on accutane...

going for my blood test this week... hopefully things will be alright so i can continue my treatment....

also i started using the Neutrogena Multi Vitamin Lotion for my redmarks.. just started yesterday... hopefully that will help fade them away while i'm on accutane... still got a longggg way til i'm clear...

my acne is moderate...it never really bothered me... but i started breaking out more so it was very frustrating..

right now i'm on 40 mg

WEEK 4

hmm not much improvement from last week...

i haven't had any new breakouts yet.... i dunno if its too soon to say..but i think i managed to avoid the initial break out...

but my skin complextion is pretty bad... pretty blotchy.. pinkish... and lots and i mean tons of red marks... they look like they're never gonna go away.. cuz they've been there for so long.... i've started using the Neutrogena Multi-Vitamin lotion for my blemishes and stuff.... i've been using that for almost a week... hope that will help

i think a lot of my white heads have came out already.... i've got a lota... orange peel like scars.... but they dont' bother me so much..i think those can be dealt with after my treatment..

as for the side effects... skin is dry like hell... i think i'm getting lots and lots more wrinkles because its so dry.... lips are really chapped too....

i haven't experienced any back aches or anything like that....

overall.. after 1 month of accutane... i'ts gotten my acne under control..

juz got those damn redmarks tho!!

WEEK 5

i think i can safely say I didn't get the initial break out...

i haven't had a single cyst the past week.... i would say.. i'm about... 65% clear of acne... maybe 70%...

but my face is soooo red.. and soo discoloured.. which actually looks much worse than when i had acne...

but of course i rather not have acne..

as for side effects.. dry nose.. dry lips... no aches.. no depression...

but i gotta say.. the dry skin is a little irritating..

i was playing basketball outside in the sun.. i had sun block on ofcourse..

but i was sweating sooo much.. and it stung my face a lot too.... by the time i got home i noticed i was even more red! i was like.. holy shit wut the F*** happened!... i guess i'm gonna stay out of the sun for a few days... let my face heal up a bit...

oh and the Neutrogena Multi Vitamin Lotion doesn't seem to be doing much now for my marks~

WEEK 6

well once again.. not much improvement...

a couple days ago i got 2 new cysts on my right cheek.. which looks kinda bad.. and will look worse cuz i already have these dark brown/purple marks there... argg.... so frustrating...

although my acne is going away i got so much marks.. it still looks just as bad... [email protected]!...

thats all for this week... since there isn't much to say...

hopefully i'll start seeing some drastic improvement soon