Notifications
Clear all

Warning! Drinking distilled water is very BAD!

MemberMember
(@real-maverick)

Posted : 08/01/2005 10:48 am

While distilled water is good to detox, it's extremely bad in the long term.

It can cause huge mineral and vitamin deficiences, not only does it lack the vitamins natural spring water does, it also causes rapid loss of electrolytes (sodium, potassium, chloride) and trace minerals like magnesium, deficiencies of which can cause heart beat irregularities and high blood pressure. Cooking foods in distilled water pulls the minerals out of them and lowers their nutrient value.

Distilled water is an active absorber and when it comes into contact with air, it absorbs carbon dioxide, making it acidic. The more distilled water a person drinks, the higher the body acidity becomes. According to the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, "Distilled water, being essentially mineral-free, is very aggressive, in that it tends to dissolve substances with which it is in contact. Notably, carbon dioxide from the air is rapidly absorbed, making the water acidic and even more aggressive. Many metals are dissolved by distilled water."

I'd reccommend using a water filter that gives natural mineral water, this will take all the junk out, but leave the goodness in.

Please be aware of the risks.

MemberMember
(@charlie-chalk)

Posted : 08/01/2005 10:53 am

Better than not drinking water. Thank god I'm in Norway right now where our spring water is proven cleaner and tastes better than the bottled water, here I can drink all the water I can cause I can get it sraight from the tap. I study in England and the tap water tastes so foul there, that I can't drink it. Too much of a hassle buyng 4-5 liters of water at the supermarket everyday

MemberMember
(@searchingforthesolution)

Posted : 08/01/2005 12:47 pm

Thank you for that information. I had always been recommended spring water at room temperature.

From my understanding, I thought distilled water was tap water purified. Is that true?

It's funny, because I used to buy bottles of Aquafina and wonder why I never drank the whole thing. I realized later that I didn't like the taste, and ever since, only drink spring water. I know some people don't notice the difference, but I did.

I was wondering, could it be however that some of the minerals can also be harmful for the body?

Anno, you're so lucky to have pure spring water from the tap!

MemberMember
(@real-maverick)

Posted : 08/01/2005 1:47 pm

From my understanding, I thought distilled water was tap water purified. Is that true?

MemberMember
(@searchingforthesolution)

Posted : 08/01/2005 2:15 pm

Is mineral considered better than spring?

MemberMember
(@rentstuff)

Posted : 08/01/2005 6:56 pm

what can i drink then?! sad.gif maybe ill just buy that "pur" filter brand or a water ozonator. if only i was rich

MemberMember
(@thoney)

Posted : 08/01/2005 8:33 pm

does brita filtered tap water have the negative effects mentioned? it has a carbon filter...

MemberMember
(@paul051966)

Posted : 12/04/2013 1:41 pm

While distilled water is good to detox, it's extremely bad in the long term.

It can cause huge mineral and vitamin deficiences, not only does it lack the vitamins natural spring water does, it also causes rapid loss of electrolytes (sodium, potassium, chloride) and trace minerals like magnesium, deficiencies of which can cause heart beat irregularities and high blood pressure. Cooking foods in distilled water pulls the minerals out of them and lowers their nutrient value.

Distilled water is an active absorber and when it comes into contact with air, it absorbs carbon dioxide, making it acidic. The more distilled water a person drinks, the higher the body acidity becomes. According to the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, "Distilled water, being essentially mineral-free, is very aggressive, in that it tends to dissolve substances with which it is in contact. Notably, carbon dioxide from the air is rapidly absorbed, making the water acidic and even more aggressive. Many metals are dissolved by distilled water."

I'd reccommend using a water filter that gives natural mineral water, this will take all the junk out, but leave the goodness in.

Please be aware of the risks.

This is NOT accurate. Distilled water is GOOD for us and yes even long term.

It's impossible for distilled water to leach minerals from living cells (our bones/tissue). It in fact helps clean our blood of left over minerals our bodies don't use, which is GOOD. Any minerals in our blood would have been filtered out by our kidneys and we want to clean out of our bodies. This is one of the main reasons we want to drink clean water. Distilled does it better than any other water. It is just H20, neutral in PH, void of minerals and void of bacteria. We want to drink the cleanest possible water, just H20, NOT H20 + inorganic-minerals.

Your body can't use minerals from water anway, unless you drank like over 600 - 8 ounce glasses per day, + it would be inorganic and only will coat our cells and blood vessels, causing long term poor health effects.

We should be consuming distillled water continually to clean out all of that solid mineral matter that has been built up. Visualize shower tiles with hard water scum from inorganic minerals.

Our bodies DO need Organic minerals. We can only get them from living things - like plants and animals.

The only water that is comparable in purity to distilled is rain water, but even that is now so polluted.

If you are worried that your diet is void of sufficient organic minerals, you can add some celtic sea salt to your distilled water. Celtic sea salt is high in organic mineral content, formed by once living organisms, harvested properly - using only hands and wooden tools in order to best preserve the organic mineral content.

• Remember now, distilled is GOOD, because it is just clean water with nothing added, plain H20. It helps clean out hard inorganic mineral deposits from left over from tap water/bottled water. This is good for us, and good long term.
  • Tap water/purified water is BAD. These contain inorganic minerals that will only coat our organs/cells/blood vessels/arteries/brain with hardening matter, and is harmful to us. Inorganic minerals are often added by bottlng companies to add a sweet taste.

Hopefully now the record is set straight.

MemberMember
(@real-maverick)

Posted : 12/04/2013 1:47 pm

This post was from 2005! 8 years old.

However isn't this a contradiction? Considering blood is a living organism?

It's impossible for distilled water to leach minerals from living cells (our bones/tissue). It in fact helps clean our blood of left over minerals our bodies don't use, which is GOOD.

MemberMember
(@calumma)

Posted : 12/04/2013 4:22 pm

Would you please tell me the name of one ORGANIC Mineral?? All minerals are per say anorganic. We need the anorganic properties of the anions and kations of those minerals to maintain most body functions, especially membrane stability in all neurological processes.I have no clue where you read this, but although this all might sound quite OK for a non- chemist or non- biologist, I would really advise you to get a second opinion on those " facts" by someone that is familiar with body ekectrolyte balance , diffusion, osmosis and kidney function.