Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Geneva

Vinegar on existing pimples

Well...I have to say I've tried a lot of things to cure my moderate acne (including antibiotics and accutane) but nothing actually worked. I'm going the "natural way" now, trying to avoid junk food, milk products (I'm lactose intolerant) and excess sugar. I know it is said that food does not affect acne but I believe it does in my case...I guess it just depends how sensitive you are.

I've been on the vinegar/lemon juice thing for 2 days now and it is too early to say if it's working but I do wonder if it is a good thing to use vinegar on "active" pimples ?? Also has anyone noticed that it helped cure their acne as well ? What about dark discoloration ? I have very fair skin but have dark spots where I used to have acne...it is really ugly !

I have the same problem with the scaring situation. Mine isn't as bad as other people i'm just a bit too paranoid when i get around people with clear skin. I heard from someone on this site that if you use Apple Cider vinegar it will reduce the scaring. I only started using it yesterday and overnight i've noticed a bit difference in the pink discoloration from old pimples. They don't get as red as they usually get when you wash your face and they are easier to coverup with concealer. I don't know if they help dry up pimples but i'll get back to you on that when it's been a couple weeks using it. What i do is wash my face with a thing called "Cetephil" which i got from the pharmacy. My derm suggested it to me and it's working really well. Then i use the apple cider and a kind of a toner by using a cotton ball and soaking then squeezing as much of the apple cider out as i can so i don't look wet and pat it over my face, mostly where the pink discoloration is. I don't rinse it off. Then i moisturize my face with Sheisedo mosturizer(oil-free) it's the best. Then i can put on my concealor. Try it and tell me what you think

I think I'm also a bit paranoid regarding the whole scar and discoloration situation...but then again, my best friend has perfect skin so I do really get envious !! I've been applying vinegar for the past two days (but I rinse it off in the mornings as I feel like it has a really strong smell ). I also wash with a gentle cleanser and use a moisurizer that seems to work pretty well so far. I do hope that I'll get results soon....I also make a point of drinking a lot of wather with lemon in it... [-o< [-o<

I just started using the vinegar method... I dilute it in water and apply it to my problem areas 2-3 times a day. I actually think it helps existing pimples. Im afraid to use it on my face though. I get break outs on my chest so thats where I put it.

Angelbaby, I've been using apple cider vinegar for a few days now on my face with existing pimples and it seems to sooth and take out much of the redness from the pimples. So try it on your face, it might work.