Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
mrb23

Question about fraxel

How new is this treatment? will it bring the same results as dermabrasion if you do more treatments?

I live in the netherlands but can't find anything about Fraxel is this a very new treatment?

ok thanks for youre answers

oh yeah if you have ice picks and do punch floats and then the fraxel....how about this?

The Fraxel laser is unique in that it is the first "non-ablative ablative" laser out there. It does look to have some potential, but I'm far from sold on it as I have been burned before by lasers, no pun intended. I would also like to see post treatment photos of acne scarring patients 6 and 12 months after their last Fraxel treatment. I guess we'll see in a few more months. I'm hoping we get some updates from Floridaguy and smilingeyes, two people who've had multiple treatments that I know and trust.

How new is this treatment? will it bring the same results as dermabrasion if you do more treatments?

I live in the netherlands but can't find anything about Fraxel is this a very new treatment?

ok thanks for youre answers

oh yeah if you have ice picks and do punch floats and then the fraxel....how about this?

I think most of these things are equally effective or ineffective depending on your point of view in actually stimulating new collagen, the difference is in the side effects and risks. If your lucky enough to have good biochemistry then you will probably produce the same amount of collagen irrespective of treatment. Obviously the marketing and advertising tries to convince people one thing is better than another.