Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Vanessa13688

Dryness and Regrets

My skin flakes off really badly and it hurts so much after washing that it makes me cry! Im only 17 and shouldnt have to go through this! Sometimes I just dont want to do it any more, the nosebleeds and the chapped lips stress me out. I cant wait to have clear skin for the first time since i was 9 but I'm only one month in and am already fed up. Does anyone else sometimes regret starting 'tane or is it just me????

HELP!!!!!

cry.gifeusa_eh.gifeusa_hand.gifevil.gifsad.gifshock.gifeusa_wall.gifwacko.gifdoubt.gifmad.gif

hang in there rosie eusa_angel.gif you sound like you're having a really rough time with accutane. have you spoken to your derm??

Thankyou for the reply; nope I have an appointment on in a few days so will say something - the only thing is that I have been hoping for a treatment like 'tane for years so I dont want to come off it - also I have gone private so it would waste a hell of a lot of money. Is your name Vanessa only I notice your username is ness25? Mine is too, rosie13688 is only a username I use in every forum I use.

Everythings so hard sometimes when I have loads of side effects but I suppose it will be worth it in the end.

How are things for you?

Vanessa

Everythings so hard sometimes when I have loads of side effects but I suppose it will be worth it in the end.

How are things for you?

Vanessa

Wow its soooooo refreshing to have someone tell me to just let it out, normally people are just telling me to shut up. Yeh I couldnt imagine being 27, 17 is bad enough but after 8 years Im fed up. Its really nice to know theres people there and that this forum is great for being a community there foe each other, explaining what each other has gone through.

Thanks for the reply, its much appreciated and I'll hang in there!

Vanessa eusa_shifty.gif

ha hha ha another vanessa.....we are slowly taking over ninja.gif

im into my 12th day of accutane, and my side effects so far have been a head ache and dryness. i hope and pray thats as bad as it gets.......coz i really want this stuff to work!

im sure you'll find many people on this website that have been through exactly what you're experiencing......so ask questions..do lots of searches through past forums...most answers are right at your fingertips.

good luck with your appointment and keep us posted eusa_angel.gif

ness xox

Ok will do. Yeh I've noticed a few Vanessa's, we'll take over yet!

Will keep posting - I have a log with a poll on it in this forum called "Another Roaccutane Log". Do you have one?

Hope you dont get as meny side effects as Ive experienced.

Good luck!

Ness

XxX lol.gif

hey i know exactly how you feel, hang in there. Im only a month in and the flaky skin is extremely annoying. but, my close members of my family are telling me how much of a difference its made and how better my skin looks. so if it looks better now, and i still have acne, i can only imagine what it'll be like in 1 more month, and hopefully 100% clear at 4 months of treatment. only time can tell, stick with it, i wish I had done it when I was 17, i'm 20 going on 21 in 1 month so it could be worse! keep your head up

p.s. i rationalize it all by remembering how fortunate i am to have family, friends, and not have to worry about money or hunger, so things could be way worse, like being born with AIDS!!!!

Got my derm appointment tomight, will put a post in here and in my log on how it goes... hopefully everythings OK. I cried so much last night, feel as if I'm not getting anywhere. So many people have noticed an improvement but my face seems to be worse if anything. Is anyone else about to give up hope? Marty is right that I should be thankful that I only have acne and not AIDS or something but I went into town yesterday ... info in my log, dont want to write it twice. V cry.gif

Hey Vanessa! Acne can be very depressing (as everyone here knows) and this process of accutane has to run its course.....and that includes very highs and very lows....which is why this forum is so helpful! We are all here for each other and we share our griefs and struggles and we help each other through this! wub.gif

If you haven't already, get some Aquaphor!! It's the best stuff for your lips! My derm recommended using a q-tip to put a little vaseline inside your nose to keep it from getting too dry. That may help with the nosebleeds. And Old Zit (Chris) had the best advice about drinking tons of water!! I know it's hard, I really don't like water that much!

And prepare yourself....it may get worse before it starts to get better. It'll take a little more time, but in the end you'll be VERY pleased with the results. In the meantime, we'll all just share our secrets and tips about how to cover this mess up and "function" as normally as possible until it's over! ninja.gif

Good Luck!!

Thanks gamarwill (?!) but can I ask what is Aquaphor?? I live in the UK and most of you gus are in the US, do you know if it is available here?

Coz im only 17 I prefer my dad to go in to see my derm with me; he can see how I have been recently so can be helpful but my derm really doesnt like it and it shows...he has referred me to an opthamologist for my reduced peripheral vision and headaches eusa_eh.gif another thing to worry about. He is the kind of doctor who disagrees with these forums!

My spirits are lifted everytime i get a reply like yours...thanks for the help its greatly appreciated. eusa_angel.gif

Am trying my best to be positive, especially when I start mentoring this lad who may be starting 'tane but its so hard, constantly seeing people recoil away from me as if I carry a deadly disease; mothers pulling their children closer. cry.gif

Thanks again

Vanessa confused.gif

You are so funny! I got to wondering whether you could get Aquaphor in the UK. Aquaphor is a healing ointment (a lot like vaseline) made by Eucerin. It's for dry, cracked skin, minor burns, etc. Sometimes it's used for babies, so you may be able to find it in the baby section of a drug store? I got a couple of samples after having a baby (3 years ago), and I never had to use it....good thing I kept the samples because they've really come in handy! Hopefully you'll find some or something like it. If I can find out more info, I'll post it on your main board!

thats brilliant, thanks. am going to get a prescription for some artificial tears today so will do the pharmacy and look. I think I can get eucerin products here buit if not maybe I could get some over the internet, its just the mildest stuff I can find is really really hurting my skin, feels like 1000 needles attacking me! Thanks again wink.gifeusa_dance.gif will let you know if I can find anything... eusa_doh.gif

You are so funny!  I got to wondering whether you could get Aquaphor in the UK.  Aquaphor is a healing ointment (a lot like vaseline) made by Eucerin.  It's for dry, cracked skin, minor burns, etc.  Sometimes it's used for babies, so you may be able to find it in the baby section of a drug store?  I got a couple of samples after having a baby (3 years ago), and I never had to use it....good thing I kept the samples because they've really come in handy!  Hopefully you'll find some or something like it.  If I can find out more info, I'll post it on your main board!

The Eucerin is so much better than Vaseline, it keeps a lot more moisturised for longer however does tend to leave the skin shiny, but thats not much to have to cope with. Sometimes I still regret starting 'tane but my family are keeping me going at the moment, however Im struggling right now as my boyfriend is away and he is the one that persuaded me that the outcome will be worth it!

Im not as flaky as I used to be but it is still peeling scars off! eusa_dance.gif

Hopefully the Eucerin will continue working...

Went swimming the other day, the chlorine dried my skin out very badly. Skin looks awful and id back to being tight and flaky. Hope it all stops after I stop 'tane! Skin very red and skiny looking, a bit embarassing but never mind. Am getting some Aquaphor from the US so will see if thats any better eusa_dance.gif

Vanessa wink.gif

Hang in there rosie! About how much have your scars improved through 'tane peeling? Just pondering. smile.gif

Well its hard to tell because of pre-'tane acne but its taken a lot of the scarring from cysts from round my mouth. The skin is still a little red but Im hoping that will fade with time. Hows your course going?

Vanessa wink.gif

The peeliness might stop a bit now that Im taking Vit E with my Omega 3 - do you think this might reduce the scarring it removes at the end? I hope not but I cant handle the extreme dryness anymore. Hopefully will get my Aquaphor in a few weeks but its plain Eucerin wash and cream for now!

Did you get my PM, LV Boy??

Vanessa x wink.gif