Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Sorry guys+girls, I didn't know where else to post this..eusa_wall.gif

Anyway, do/have people here found that their acne appears in particular stages on certain parts of your body? At 15, I started getting severe cystic acne on my temples.; a few on the forehead too. By 17, they resided (without any treatment - I was ignorant and never bothered with them as I thought it was just part of growing up eusa_doh.gif) and I was left with pitted scarring on my temples, and a couple on my forehead. I now keep my hair slightly lengthy as to cover them.

At 18, I got acne again, but soley on my cheeks and side of the face. I waited till 20 to realise it wasn't just part of growing up. STUPID me. I went on Roaccutane and two courses of Minocycline over the following years to combat it. I'm now 22, but have rolling type/pitting on my cheeks as a result - quite noticeable actually. In the past two years since I commenced treatment, I don't get severe acne anymore, but unfortunately I get the odd pimple which most likely leaves a blemish/pitted scar anyway. I always leave them alone, but they tend to from into blemishes. I can never win hey?..

Anyway, ATM I've been getting acne near my mandible and on my neck.

Bl%ody hell. Temples. Face. Jaw. What next?

Any similar experiences?

I definitely have similar experiences.

1: Acne on chin

2: Acne on chin + forehead

3: Add neck, back and chest.

4: By the time my acne on my chin and forehead became less (I hardly get any pimples on my forehead and chin anymore) my back, and in particular my shoulders, are severely scarred (lots of raised ones). Also, I have some scarring in my neck, all because of picking. Stupid me.

5. No acne in neck, this time it was the cheeks' turn.

6. Even though my cheeks are still red (i have one red mark that won't go away, ever, because of a nodule/cyst, which I had to pick) the acne there has subsided as well.

7. However, for some reason, I now occasionally get a nodule in the neck area. I noticed another one yesterday. This totally freaks me out! I thought that acne was slowly going away, but now I realise that it may come back...worse than ever... This frightens me to no end.

My first pimples were all on my forehead, then they went away and I started getting them on my upper lip and nose. Then pretty much whole face. Then shoulders and chest. Now Ive got Accutane in my corner, and these assholes are gonna get whats coming to them.

My first pimples were all on my forehead, then they went away and I started getting them on my upper lip and nose.  Then pretty much whole face.  Then shoulders and chest.  Now Ive got Accutane in my corner, and these assholes are gonna get whats coming to them.

around the ages 10-11, My first whiteheads were in the creases of my nose (you know, on the sides). They were tiny. Then those went away and I never got another there ever.

Didn't get pimples until I was 15 years old, got tiny ones on forehead and temples. They went away w/ antibiotics. Never got one again on my forehead.

Then 17 years old, started getting them near my chin on the right side only. over the years it migrated up to my right cheek, then temples. When I turned about 19 or 20, it migrated to my chin, then to the other side of my face. At around 20 years old, I started scarring slightly from it. Acne got bad and turned cystic from ages 20-24. Throughout this time, it would come and go. But I was left w/ scarring on both cheeks. There was a while in there when I was taking spironolactone, and I would only get two cysts a month. Too bad my acne got bad right when I didn't have health insurance anymore evil.gif

Funny thing but I live in Canada where health care is free and I still ended up with scarring. So don't feel too bad Lexy. I can remember going to my family doc all scared and he acted like it was some mild outbreak. I remember being on antibiotics for months and months. All the time he never sent me to a derm, guess he thought he could handle it himself.

around the ages 10-11, My first whiteheads were in the creases of my nose (you know, on the sides).  They were tiny.  Then those went away and I never got another there ever. 

Didn't get pimples until I was 15 years old, got tiny ones on forehead and temples.  They went away w/ antibiotics.  Never got one again on my forehead. 

Then 17 years old, started getting them near my chin on the right side only.  over the years it migrated up to my right cheek, then temples.  When I turned about 19 or 20, it migrated to my chin, then to the other side of my face.  At around 20 years old, I started scarring slightly from it.  Acne got bad and turned cystic from ages 20-24.  Throughout this time, it would come and go.  But I was left w/ scarring on both cheeks.  There was a while in there when I was taking spironolactone, and I would only get two cysts a month.  Too bad my acne got bad right when I didn't have health insurance anymore  evil.gif

yes i used to get it on my temples and i think i have slightly scarred skin there but it isnt noticeable to many and i used to pick them all back then (i was 13-15)

at 15 and 16 i got acne on my chin but only ever mildly. At 17 i got cystic acne on the lower part of my face (never the common cheek acne) and it has been battled ever since. Now i dont get the full on cystic acne anymore but i still get pimples on my chin. The sides where hair will eventually grow fully.

yes i used to get it on my temples and i think i have slightly scarred skin there but it isnt noticeable to many and i used to pick them all back then (i was 13-15)

at 15 and 16 i got acne on my chin but only ever mildly. At 17 i got cystic acne on the lower part of my face (never the common cheek acne) and it has been battled ever since. Now i dont get the full on cystic acne anymore but i still get pimples on my chin. The sides where hair will eventually grow fully.

Funny thing but I live in Canada where health care is free and I still ended up with scarring. So don't feel too bad Lexy. I can remember going to my family doc all scared and he acted like it was some mild outbreak. I remember  being on antibiotics  for months and months. All the time he never sent me to  a derm, guess he thought he could handle it himself.

Funny thing but I live in Canada where health care is free and I still ended up with scarring. So don't feel too bad Lexy. I can remember going to my family doc all scared and he acted like it was some mild outbreak. I remember  being on antibiotics  for months and months. All the time he never sent me to  a derm, guess he thought he could handle it himself.

That's how my dermatologists were too, almost all of them. They always treated my acne like it wasn't a big deal. I really should have been on hormonal therapy for my acne (spironolactone and birth control) to begin with. All they ever tried to throw at me was retin-a, differin and antibiotics, over and over again. I remember having to muster up the courage as a teenager to tell one of them "NO, I'm NOT going on retin-a again, and that's final."

At least you were able to get into a derm. I remember saying to my GP after 6 months of anitbiotics why he didn't send me to a derm months ago. He said " We could send me to one" I told him, I'll probably have scars now. I knew i was going to scar because the acne never responded after months. We may have free health care in Canada, but I swear we have some terrible doctors. I guess you only get what you pay for. I would gladly pay for a quality doctor.

That's how my dermatologists were too, almost all of them. They always treated my acne like it wasn't a big deal. I really should have been on hormonal therapy for my acne (spironolactone and birth control) to begin with. All they ever tried to throw at me was retin-a, differin and antibiotics, over and over again. I remember having to muster up the courage as a teenager to tell one of them "NO, I'm NOT going on retin-a again, and that's final."

My first major, memorable one was on my left cheek. Or was it right?

Anyway, mine were mainly focused on my T-zone (forehead, nose and chin - but mostly forehead and nose) but as time went by, the worst ones on my cheeks. I used to get quite a fair bit on my brows too - those sucked.

Just a few months ago, it took a turn for the worse and began spreading to my sides and my temple. It has been persistent since then too. That was when I decided I really had to see a dermatologist for this because there's no way I could control it.

All these took place within a period of over 2 years now (3 in October since I remember having the first major, memorable one on Halloween - never knew becoming a freak was my calling! lol.gif) but the first 2 were nothing - mild initially, then probably moderate. The dermatologist says mine is slightly severe and showing early signs of scarring. I believe all the years of inaction has allowed it to evolve or something.

MY ACNE IS ALIVE AND MUTATING!!! *feigns melodramatic terror* shock.gif

At least you were able to get into a derm. I remember saying to my GP after 6 months of anitbiotics why he didn't send me to a derm months ago. He said " We could send me to one" I told him,  I'll probably have scars now. I knew i was going to scar because the acne never responded after months. We may have free health care in Canada, but I swear we have some terrible doctors. I guess you only get what you pay for. I would gladly pay for a quality doctor.

Hmm yeah Ive noticed similar things.

It all started around my mouth area...my chin and jaw...it stayed there for ages.

It then moved on to my cheeks...and still kinda stayed on my chin.

It then went clear for a while untill I started getting a few huge cysts (i still have the scars)

and at this momment i seem to be gettin a few spots on my cheeks and a few on my forehead.

this is over the course of 2 years:

1. acne on forehead/chin lightly

2. " " more mild/moderate

3. acne, mostly red marks on sides of head, next to eyes between hair line.

4. acne on cheeks

5. acne on lower parts of my face

6. acne on chest/back

that's all i can remember, doesn't really seem like i'm growing out of this.

yeh ive noticed this too. when i was 14/15 i got acne starting on my cheeks and chin area, but never on my forehead. now after being on retin-a and mino for many years, i rarely get acne on my cheeks anymore, but my forehead is now the prime real estate for them. they're not big or red or anything, but just tiny pesty little bumps that look like shit in bad lighting