Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
palegirl

face clearing up thanks to birth control

not sure if this is the right forum, because bc isn't necessarily used for acne treatment. anyway, my face has been clearing up ever since i got back on it. i stopped for awhile and i had my usual hormonal breakouts (chin area, cheeks, small pimples usually, some will erupt into bigger ones). i haven't had a new zit form since. i'm using ortho tri-cyclen lo. i'm going to kick all my acne meds to the curb since i'm so sensitive to them already and just use birth control for basically the rest of my life. tongue.gif at least i can count on it.

not sure if this is the right forum, because bc isn't necessarily used for acne treatment. anyway, my face has been clearing up ever since i got back on it. i stopped for awhile and i had my usual hormonal breakouts (chin area, cheeks, small pimples usually, some will erupt into bigger ones). i haven't had a new zit form since. i'm using ortho tri-cyclen lo. i'm going to kick all my acne meds to the curb since i'm so sensitive to them already and just use birth control for basically the rest of my life. tongue.gif at least i can count on it.

Hi Palegirl, How long until you saw results w/ the Ortho Tri Lo? I just started my 3rd month and I'm not sure if it's helping or not. Are you using anything else or only the BCP? Thanks.

eusa_clap.gif It's great that it's working out for you eusa_clap.gif

Too bad there's no birth control pills for guys lol.gif

Actually, there are several "pills" for men, but they are still under clinical trials. You don't hear about them because they've barely been invented. Men don't use them because they are not for sale.

Hi Palegirl, How long until you saw results w/ the Ortho Tri Lo? I just started my 3rd month and I'm not sure if it's helping or not. Are you using anything else or only the BCP? Thanks.

I never really thought about it, but now that I do, when I was on birth control in jr high and part of high school, I had clear skin, and when I got off of it was when It started to flare up again. I just might try that again, thanks!