Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
AmyKay

minocyclin again?

i know i didn't spell minocyclin right but whatever. here is my question. i have been off minocyclin for about a week and my skin is clearer than ever. Notta zit at all!!! I was on minocyclin for about 4 or 5 months and i didn't notice much of a difference. Then, when my doc lowered the dossage from 100 miligrams to 50 a months ago, my skin actually cleared more. She also stuck me on a face wash that i think has worked wonders. But a week ago i got headaches and once i got off the minocyclin they went away, also i thought my perscription was up but i found out if wasn't. Anyway, i really don't want to take anibotics unless i really think they are working and i'm not convinced but i would like your opinions. I guess i just really don't want to take it, i'd almost rather break out a little bit and i'm doing enough to my silly body to clear up this crap i'm not sure minocyclin is worth it.....i'm on differin(which has helped), a medicated face wash and i'm taking B5 everyday (not as much as some people at all though.)

Okay I know this was seriously like 12 years ago, but I'm just wondering, did you ever end up breaking out again after stopping minocycline and did your skin stay ok?