Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
blue

mandelic acid (for red marks and acne)

what is the difference between the 'serum' and the 'acid'?...if there is one that is. Also, is it okay to use them if you have white skin...i was just noticing that there's lots of mention about dark skin, but not much about white.

P.S. All i want to do is get rid of red marks, so is this actually the best way to get rid of them, or is there another type of acid that works better for this???...just makin sure

Tracy- i have found this link :

http://www.clearcomplexions.com/rateyour.htm,

According to it,the comedogenic property of castor oil is 1,which is almost okay.

The problem is that you can't get any skincare product totally non-comedogenic and non-irritant.Secondly,i can't tolerate parabens in my skincare products.

BTW,which sunscreen do you use?

Guest Tracy

Blue-

I feel silly cause: I DON'T EVEN KNOW WHAT A "PARABEN" IS!! LOL

The sunblock that I currently use (which I LOVE by the way) is from a company called Fallene. They have three different kinds. The one I use is called TOTAL BLOCK CLEAR SPF 65. It is the best sunscreen I've ever used, you can even use it on your eyelids and it doesn't sting, it dries nice and matte, doesn't clog pores, and is great for oily skin.

Since I do alot of peels, I try to keep my skin protected at all times. This stuff was made for people with skin disorders or severe sun sensitivity problems (such as rosacea, vitiligo, lupus, skin cancer, etc.) so it probably protects more than most people would need on a daily basis. I have a problem with hyperpigmentation, so I want to be as protected as possible so I can work on the hyperpig. and not make it worse in the process.

You can go to their website and request samples at totalblock.com

im confused a bit..seems like all u ppl are mixing all these things i never herd of with ur mandelic acid.. will i see good results if i just buy the 10% and put thast on my face during the day and still use my proactiv at night?

all i really want to do is get this scar that i have on my jawline to fade away its red also..will this acid take away the redness and do anything to the indent in the skin?

what does ur skin look like while using this i see u guys said its peeling..does it look bad?

thanks

has it stopped or improved anyone break outs so far?

i just purchased 15%.

how does it work again,

you just get the lotion and u apply it and leave it on your face?

do you put it on at night so in the morning your face is all better?

thanks

Tallica-The serum is the acid.It is Mandelic acid serum.

You can use it on any type of skin.I have fair skin and it works great for me.I don't know about how well it works on red marks but I have been using the 10% serum once a day for almost 3 months and it has done wonders for my scars and pores.I do have a few spider veins that are now not as red looking as before.

Tracy-I tried the Eucerin Extra Protective Moisture Lotion SPF 30 and the only problem was that the Zinc Oxide in it gave my skin a very pale look.I now use the Mandelic moisturizer with Parsol-1789 sunblock.

Hello50-The Mandelic acid is the best of all the AHA's for the control of blemishes.The NuCelle brochure states that "it acts as a natural antibacterial inhibitor to help control blemishes for acne prone or oily skin."

LONG LIVE MANDELIC ACID

hi guys,

1. Tallica, Mandelic acid serum is a lotion that contains mandelic acid. It's okay to use it if you have white skin. Dark skin and mandelic acid is mentioned together a lot because it's one of the few AHAs that is safe for darker skin. I dunno if it's the best way to get rid of red marks, but so far it's been the fastest thing I've tried.

2. Blue, you can mix a bit of powdered titanium dioxide with an oil or silicon based product as sunblock. It's white and opaque but non-irritating and seems to even out red marks a bit.

3. Thanks scorpion. Now I have hope smile.gif. What's coenzyme Q-10 supposed to do for skin?

were do iget tallica mandelic acid serum? from the same place u guys posted before? our is this a different type, if so which one is better for indented red scars? thats all i need it for

thanks

yungwn - there is only 1 type of mandelic acid serum you can purchase which comes in 2 different strenghts -10% and 15%

The cheapest place is from www.skincarerx.com

I'm so upset and the skin on my face is hurting. Yesterday, I got my mandelic serum and intially, it stung quite badly when I put it on, so I called the people at skincare.rx, and asked them if it was a normal reaction and they said I'm suppose to leave it on overnight and my skin was suppose to get use to it. Well, this morning in the shower, my face hurt so badly under water, it was peeling, like a good 3 layers of skin, yet I still have burnt patches, it felt like a knife was ripping my skin open. My face looks like I have just been out of a co2 laser surgery. The only thing that soothes my skin is milk, I'm wondering, should I cover up my skin to heal better or not and it is not true that this serum is gentle enough for everyone, my face looks so awful and it is only from one use. Please help!!!

Anybody tried the mandelic mint scrub or the nucelle papaya skin exfoliator. I am looking for something to gently exfoliate dried cracked eczema-dermatitis prone skin. I have the 10% mandelic serum. Maybe this would work.

Caro - sorry to hear this has happened to you - I suggest you cover lavishly with moisteriser and keep applying. If you have any emu oil, that should help.

when i use my 15% for the first time

what do you guys reccomend i leave it on for

an hour 15 minutes?

like if it starts to sting really badly i shold just leave it on for 2-3 minutes

then wait a few days then put it on for more?

Guest Scorpioness
3.  Thanks scorpion.  Now I have hope smile.gif.  What's coenzyme Q-10 supposed to do for skin?
i bought from nuecelle they said they will send me email confirmation buti havent gotten any  - is their a problem?

its been two days

Hi ThinkPostive.

Thanks Scorpion, I mixed up some ALA/DMAE/Co-Q10/MSM/Grapefruit Seed Extract/Gingko Biloba/VitaminE/EmuOil cream tonight + 1 squirt Jo Malone's 451 Perfume. It's an orangish brown oily paste so I'm using it as an overnight face mask.

A little concern about the DMAE - I heard in passing that DMAE in too high a concentration might cause facial hair to grow. Does anybody know about this?

I think I'll use Mandelic Acid in the morning and this stuff at night. Also what do you guys think about resting your skin. I find that after I do some sort of treatement for a few days, it helps if I let my skin rest for a bit and don't use any products except soap and then start up again. Does anybody else do this?