Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
blue

mandelic acid (for red marks and acne)

Hi Blue...

I love your thread!

Did you ever start using the kojic?

I want to buy the mamas lotion...what do you think?

Have you ahd any experiences with it?

Debonair,

If you check through the thread you'll find detailed answers to your questions. But in brief you can find the serum through www.skincarerx.com

My experiences have been very positive. I've been using it for a few months new, I can report that my skin is much clearer and smoother. the benefits of the product really are seen with long-term usage. Just like other people's testimonies I've found that the serum helps to control breakouts. If I do have a breakout, the spots last for one to two days, which is pretty damn good as fars as I'm concerned. I'm not using anything else these days. Just wash my face with dove and then apply the serum. You should then use a moisturiser with a sunblock.

Yes, your skin will peel a fair bit in the beginning - depending on your skin type. I have oily skin so the peeling wasn't substantial. If you start peeling excessively, exfoliate and reduce the usage of the serum to every alternate day. In the beginning you'll need to use it just once a day, after a week you can up the usage to morning and night.

Hi guys

i posted the above post but now would really really like to know the answers to my above few questions cos my skin is getting pretty bad sad.gif

Also wondering how long the peeling would last for if i applied the mandelic acid every day?

I'm assuming that if i apply it every day for a couple of weeks that i'll get some peeling but then my skin will "get used" to it? 

Thanks everyone smile.gif

Hi all, just a quick update. I broke out with my first large spot two days ago. It's looking a little better now, although still large. But let's look on the bright side. Two months ago, one spot would have been the least of my worries, given that I had so many.

I can also report real progress with myscars. Old marks are fading, but slowly. This product really is producing results, just don't expect them overnight. I wouldn't use anything else now - even if Skincarerx are pretty hit and miss with their service.

What's going on with everyone else?

My Experience: The Nucelle line and mama lotion gave me the worst break out of my life ..

I hear that the algae in the products could be the cuprit since some have bad reactions to it. At first I thought I was purging but after 2+ months it progressively got worse (the acne that is) I'm still healing from that break out now 2 months later, and with more scars than ever. :T

i've been using 10% mandelic for about 5-6 months now, and i couldn't be happier. it took A LOT of adjustments, flaking, moisturizing, trial & error, and basically finding out which combination of products worked best. but now my face has gone from terrible (lots of old red scars, daily cysts, consistent breakouts in key areas) to 90-95% acne free. i did use the 15% for a while but i found that it was too intrusive -- now i just use it for spot treatment as necessary. my face is far from perfect, but those old scars have nearly disappeared and i haven't looked this good since 6th grade!

another thing i found out was that caffeine was by far the biggest culprit for my acne (especially the cysts). even the trace amounts found in decaf coffee/tea or chocolate caused me to breakout. i'm off caffeine completely now and i get very few cysts. probably not the cure for everyone, but i guess i either have an allergic reaction to caffeine or maybe it throws off my hormone levels?

i'm off caffeine completely now and i get very few cysts. probably not the cure for everyone, but i guess i either have an allergic reaction to caffeine or maybe it throws off my hormone levels?

Hey Madhubala,

Thanks for your reply, I have actually started using the 10% mandelic.  I havent really noticed any difference yet, not even peeling, which is really strange.  I have only been using it for 3 days though.  I fiqure I'll give it a couple weeks and if I see absolutely NO change, than I'll send it back.

About the tea tree vs. manuka oil..hmm.. have you tried the manuka??  I read the forums that you spoke about.  I actually was leaning towards the tea tree only because they have done scientific studies testing its efficacy on treating acne.  Vs. manuka, they've only found that it relaxes muscle and that it is indeed an antimicrobial.  but from the postings, many seem to really like manuka and they say it can help with red spots, and prevent new acne, which would be wonderful.  so i guess i will ponder the issue just a little more before buying...

thanks!

i could'nt help but laugh. tree tea reminds be of pine sol.

Hi all,

I wasn't going to post an update because I ran out of the mandelic serum last week, and still haven't received my fresh order. Anyway, I thought you might be interested that for the last week I have been using baking soda as a scrub in the morning (this is okay on a daily basis now that I am not using the mandelic serum), applying diluted ACV to my face, dabbing tea trea oil on the affected areas and then using emu oil as a moisturiser. My skin hasn't gotten any worse, but I'm not sure that I'm seeing any improvements. This process is an interesting control to check whether the mandelic serum really is doing anything for me. I'll post further results in a week. By the way, i really like the Emu oil. It feels heavy on the skin to start off with, but it is absorbed after say 10 minutes. And I do feel that it conditions my skin much better than any other moisturiser.

Pinky, i haven't used the manuka oil yet - though I have ordered some. I find the tea tree oil very effective however (at least in tackling existing spots). The only downside to tea tree oil that I have experienced is the potent smell! I can't say that my boyfriend finds it an aphrodisiac! My advice would be to apply it half an hour before bedtime, so that the smell has time to subside somewhat! Manuka oil apparently smell of honey - which has got to be more appealing, wouldn't you say?! I haven't read the studies you've spoken of. I got much of my information from Rossignol, who seems to be a bit of an authority on manuka and emu oil. Once I get the manjuka oil I'll switch from the tea tree oil and let you know what's more effective.

Freakit, I have read a lot about the egg white + lemon mask, but haven't got around to doing it - not sure I would have the time to do that every day, or even every other day. To be honest, I feel that getting enough sleep and drinking enough water make more of a difference to the look and feel of my skin, than anything else. And if my long-winded regime doesn't start to show definite benefits, than I'll start to simplify. There's one person out there who advocates simply using Apple cider vinegar and using hot water. I often wonder myself whether we're doing more harm than good loading our skin with all this stuff.

Hello, I'm new. I've read much of this topic, but obviously not all 40 pages. ^^;

I have EXTREMELY pale skin, and I just got off Accutane a week ago. I have noticable red scars on my cheeks and a redish hue near the corners of my mouth (which I believe is the accumulation of all these scars for so long). I have gotten a few (though small) pimples since I've been off Accutane.

My doctor has prescribed me differin, but to tell you the truth, I'm terrified of getting the original breakout that comes before it's supposed to get better. I've been on differin before (with the same doctor!) and it did nothing, and I had a bad experience with Retin A which caused the scars on my cheeks.

- - My question is; will this stuff work on my red scars even though I have super pale skin as opposed to the commonly tan people using this? And should I use this instead of differin on my current acne, or will this make be break out even more too?

Hi this is an update on mandelic serum. I've been using this for around 10 months now, and frankly it really has helped to control outbreaks and generally improve my skin tone. I never became absolutely spot-free, but I could live with the occasional spot. My red marks also never fully faded, and as I've travelled a great deal, my well-intentioned regimen consisting of the white egg mask with lemon, and regular steaming, basically fell by the wayside. Though quite honestly, I saw reall improvements after following that regime for just 4 days continuously. Trouble is, I need something to fit in with my lifestyle. Now, after being so reliant on mandelic serum, I've found that skincarerx.com are charging me (I'm uk-based) almost the same amount in postage and delivery ($29) as the product itself ($33 for 4oz). Sorry, but that makes no sense at all! (They used to charge me around $6-$8) And if I buy more bottles to make the postage worthwhile I get hit by UK customs. So, as reluctant as I am to come off the product, I've decided to go onto Dan's regime, as soon as I receive the gel etc.

But I wanted to tell you that the mandelic serum really helps - for those who are US-based and don't suffer from massive postal charges. In a bid to make the serum last longer, for about one week I tried reducing my usage to once a day. I also wanted to see whether my skin had naturally cleared up. NO! After just one week of reducing my usage I have been plagued by a fresh outbreak of many spots - I'd almost forgotten what it was like. So, rather resignedly, I have gone back to using the product morning and night. I'll post my results of Dan's regime in the other forum for comparison, but it's unlikely I'll start that for a few weeks.

What percentage are you using?

I'm currently using 3 squirts of 15% once a day, and it's a bit drying. I have a bottle of 10%, which I use in place of the other one a couple of times a week or so.

The only strengths of Mandelic acid you can order on the net from either Nucelle or SkinCareRx are the 10 and 15 percent.SkinCareRx has the cheaper price but they wont even sell you the 15% unless you have previously ordered the 10% from them.You would have to get the 30% from either an Aesthetican or Doctor.

You can however order a product from SkinCareRx called MaMa lotion which is 10% Mandelic and 10% Malic acid.This was also formulated by Dr. Mark Taylor who developed the Mandelic acid.If you are looking for something stronger than the 10 or 15 Percent Mandelic,then this might be something you might consider.

im using the mama lotion right now its probably day 17 or say and its helped my scars and hyperpigmentation so much my scars are not as deep and every day more of my marks fade i recommend it to anyone trying to get rid of their marks :D

I've been using the mandelic from Garden of Wisdon for about a month. I haven't had much peeling with this product on my face, but my hands did peel alot. My pores are less clogged and my skin has been looking much better. I've heard that the Vivant Mandelic acid is one of the best, I tried a sample but since it's so expensive I got the GOW version. I'm going to get the Vivant one next time b/c I hear it works much better.

https://shop.gardenofwisdom.com/quickSearch.hg

Pretty much everything from my routine is found at Diana Yvonne

http://www.dianayvonne.com/

Hi, I'm back and have just started a regime using MaMa lotion. I've got to say that I;ve tried so many things in the interim (including Dan's regime), and decided that mandelic serum is probably the best.

I've never tried MaMa lotion before: a combination of mandelic and malic acid. So this should be interesting.

One other thing. I have realised that diet is very important, and in particular, drinking enough water, and getting enough fibre. So I am focussing on this side of things, and using the Mama lotion to help with scars and controlling new outbreaks.

OK, here's what I'm doing at the moment. I'm taking psyllium husk capsules every morning with mybreakfast, and using the MaMa lotion every night. I started off using the MaMa lotion every other night at first, but my skin didn't suffer any problems.

Now the result at DAY 11

My skin is looking absolutely terrible! In the last few days, I have had a major breakout. I don't normally get spots this big, nor do I get spot on the upper parts of my cheeks, but I can only assume that the fibre is carrying out some kind of colonic cleanse, and purging my system of rubbish. I understand too that the MaMa lotion may break you out in the early stages as it brings impurities to the surface - has anyone else experienced this?

The good thing however, is that I have noticed other parts of my skin are substantially smoother. My forehead, which was constantly breaking out with small spots, has almost completely cleared, and the skins is much softer to touch. Despite the major league breakout, my skin is also looking brighter.

I'm going to perservere....

OK, here's what I'm doing at the moment. I'm taking psyllium husk capsules every morning with mybreakfast, and using the MaMa lotion every night. I started off using the MaMa lotion every other night at first, but my skin didn't suffer any problems.

Now the result at DAY 11

My skin is looking absolutely terrible! In the last few days, I have had a major breakout. I don't normally get spots this big, nor do I get spot on the upper parts of my cheeks, but I can only assume that the fibre is carrying out some kind of colonic cleanse, and purging my system of rubbish. I understand too that the MaMa lotion may break you out in the early stages as it brings impurities to the surface - has anyone else experienced this?

The good thing however, is that I have noticed other parts of my skin are substantially smoother. My forehead, which was constantly breaking out with small spots, has almost completely cleared, and the skins is much softer to touch. Despite the major league breakout, my skin is also looking brighter.

I'm going to perservere....

thanks for coming back and updating! i just ordered the 15% mandelic sample from dianayvonne; should get it early this next week and am really looking forward to it. i want it more to improve my blackheads/large pores, and hopefully some of the redness. i'm trying self-needling for my scars. will report back on how the mandelic works...(i also got the super CP from their site, which i've used in the past with good effects but didn't stick with unfortunately...and i'm trying a salicilyc acid as well).

Hey folks,

I've been using mandelic acid for just over a year now, and it's been pretty good - helped considerably in just two weeks. But like madhubala, I'm in the UK and it's quite expensive. So I'm thinking of going on to the Regimen. I tried it once, two years ago, for about a month, but I was probably too aggressive with it, so i got lots of peeling and my skin was generally crap.

Has anyone tried the regimen (ie BP) in combination with Mandelic Acid? Any suggestions/tips/advice?

Thanks

Hi all,

I feel this is an important update. After using half the bottle of Mama Lotion (just once every day), I found that if anything, my skin was simply worse. It seems to me that there are some ingredients in Mama lotion which just don't agree with me. So, about one month ago, I switched to using Mandelic serum 10%, which I have used before, and this is really, really, helping to clear up both live acne, and to fade red marks.

I simply cannot understand why skincarerx has so many rave reviews about the Mama lotion, I assumed like everyone else, that Mama would be more effective because of the 10% mandelic + 10% malic - this just goes to prove, that it is better to put less rather than more on your skin.

I use the mandelic serum twice a day, and apply jojoba oil after a few minutes to moisturise. It;s worth pointing out that the mandelic serum really helps with oily skin. I don't know why I ever came off it in 2005 - oh yes I do, it was because of the cost of shipping to the Uk - but it is still worth it. For the person who posted just before, I would say don't use the serum and Dan's regime together - way too harsh. And by the way, I have also done Dan's regime, and found that while it did help a great deal with live acne, the quality of my skin was reallly bad. This mandelic serum is the best thing I have ever used on my skin.

Word of warning though, you must use a suncreen. I use colorscience mineral suncreeen now.

man check out how long this thread is!!

after browsing through many pages, i have decided to buy it. i live in canada so the shipping is $19, eep! oh well

what convinced me is when i read that other people who have tried retin-A, said that u get better results with this, without all the nasty crusty peeling and burning! ugh damn u retin-a!

QUESTION: why isn't this thread in the red-mark forum? the mods should move it

Hi,

I have been thinking about trying this or so Lactic peels. I have fair, slightly sensitive, sometimes dry skin with left over red acne scars and a few indentions. my regimen is Dan Kern's : Mild face wash, BP, Moisturizer. I have tried alpha hydrox to remove my scars but it irritates my skin with the use of the BP. Does anyone have any advice about what I should use and also how to fit it tion my regimen?

Thanks,

Jamie

I simply cannot understand why skincarerx has so many rave reviews about the Mama lotion, I assumed like everyone else, that Mama would be more effective because of the 10% mandelic + 10% malic - this just goes to prove, that it is better to put less rather than more on your skin.

MaMa lotion worked well for my acne, but it didn't do much at all for my red marks. And my scars stayed the same. It's pretty strong stuff, too. I remember when I first used it, it peeled my skin like crazy and I have tough skin.

Edited by Sound Choice

MaMa lotion worked well for my acne, but it didn't do much at all for my red marks. And my scars stayed the same. It's pretty strong stuff, too. I remember when I first used it, it peeled my skin like crazy and I have tough skin.

Bump Bump Bump.

I am looking more into this and trying to decide between this and RETIN A, because i really need to start some sort of regimen since i still get inflammed acne on chin and my face is just all red from where acne use to be especially lots of red marks around lips.

What is the recommended mandelic acid to use and does it really work better for RETIN A for most ppl here? I have sensitve skin too which is why ive avoided RETIN A, and BP regimens, i have a dry/oily complex.