Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
blue

mandelic acid (for red marks and acne)

Get a sample!?!?! To be honest just like you said MA is no miracle cure so how would a small sample suffice. I mean if it takes ~4-8weeks to see results I don't think a sample would be enough. How long did you try the MA? Besides, MA may or may not help with scars, but its seems to be more likely to help with pigmentation. I dont think glycolic acid will render shallow scars invisible, therefore I dont think anyone should expect MA do anything different. Its just easier on the skin, has antibacterial properties (which GA doesnt), helps exfoliate, keeps the skin looking younger, and may help "soften" scars. And what's with the cream being discontinued? Which cream? And if all these people are promoting MA, damn there sure is a lot of them.

i still don't get how MA helps the skin look yougner! so far all it has done is make my skin really dry and wrinkly!!!! please explain.

Do you use a moisturizer, not just sunscreen but a moisturizer. Maybe the one your using isn't strong enough. Dont put so much MA on, use MA only at night, or even everyother day. Try that for at LEAST a week and then see what happens. If you feel your skin is still "wrinkled" then stop using it if your that unhappy.

my skin finally peeled today, but i forced it to. i think i made a mistake!!

i was desepearte because my skin was so wrinkly trhat i wanted it to peel ASAP so last night i put on an exfoliating mask. this morning, when i rinsed my face, i used an exfoliating scrub. skin didnt come off, but i could see the darkened dead skin on the surface... so i used tape to remove all the dead skin. i dont think it was ready to come off, because if it was, it'd come off much easier. the skin came off from peeling anyway, but not evenly. there are still areas where the skin just wont come off, so now i have scaly dark patches all over my skin, alternating with clear white areas. ugh!!!!! should i put more MA on to help the rest of it shed? right nowi think i'm just gonna leave it alone.. the rest of the skkin should peel within a week. i hope so... *prays*

it's just distressing because i have a date tomorrow. i'm gonna have to cover my forehead with my bangs. on an unrelated side note i have a huge CYST growing on my cheek. i think it formed because i acccidentally got some eye wrinkle cream in that area. its one of those huge things that wont form a head... oh boy.

im just trying not to care so much about how i look now.... my boyfriend should like me regardless of my current skin situation. he's seen me with good skin so he knows im not always like this...

OH! the areas where the skin peeled are actually PINK. is this bad? will the pinkness go away or will it stay and make my skin blotchy even after everytying peels?

i hope people aren't getting the wrong idea,i wasn't referring to anyone in particular about what i said. I think this site is absolutely great and i welcome all comments and constructive criticism. So,no hard feelings biggrin.gif

The cream i was referring to that was discontinued was retinol night cream by estee lauder,that i said was helping for my shallow scars.

alliask- Treat your skin very gently.I did that once too .Apply pure calamine lotion to calm your skin down before going to bed .It helped me to soothe pink,itchy skin.In the morning ,wash your face gently and apply moisturiser and sunscreen.Stop using MA for 1-2 days.Your skin wasn't ready to peel.In future,let it peel all by itself.When it is absolutely necessary ,do taping gently.HTH.

BTW,i got third bottle of mandelic acid yesterday and it is different from the one we were using.They have increased the percentage of algae extract which is considered comedogenic and irritant .I am not happy to see this .Why did they do it sad.gif ? The serum looks different than the earlier one .I will update about the new mandelic acid within few days after i will finish my second bottle.

BTW,i got third bottle of mandelic acid yesterday and it is different from the one we were using.They have  increased the percentage of algae extract which is considered comedogenic and irritant .I am not happy to see this .Why did they do it  sad.gif ? The serum looks different than the earlier one .I will update about the new mandelic acid  within few days after i will finish my second bottle.

They have  increased the percentage of algae extract which is considered comedogenic and irritant .

They don't say it but if you read the ingredients ,algae extract was on sixth number in the list of ingredients and now it is on third number.You know,ingredients in any product are listed in descending order of their percentage.

i got mine exacttly a week ago and the algae extract is still 6th on the list of ingredients.

people, give the serum time. i haven't seen any results after a week but that doesn't mean i'm just gonna stop. good luck.

question: how is this actually supposed to be applied ? in a sweeping motion or circular motions ?

question: how is this actually supposed to be applied ? in a sweeping motion or circular motions ?

I am really happy with MA. I started using intense gel too and taking vitamin b5 and i noticed my skin is oily all the time since i added those in my regime, it already is by nature but now it is so unbeliavable! do you guys have any idea what could be causing this increase in oil? I got some jojoba oil and will start using that to see if it stops.

3dpimple

3dpimple - do you think you are over-exfoliating? That can sometimes cause excessive dryness or excessive oiliness. Jojoba oil does help to contol oil production, hope that helps you.

over-exfoliating?don't really know.how do i tell? so far MA does not seem to be that strong to my skin, although i noticed my neck is kinda flaky, but i don't really feel dry.I will start using the jojoba and see what happens, now you scared me! over-exfoliating...

I purchased the lactic acid and i was gonna try it tomorrow, maybe is not such a good idea?

3dpimple

Hey guys,

I've been using 10% serum for about 2 weeks now, it barely makes my skin flaky. I got these red "spots" from acne and I want to get rid of them, they've been on my face for like 3 months and they look same as the day they were made...

Which on should I get for spot treating the red marks, the lactic acid or 15%serum?

I got my bottle almost two weeks ago, and the algae extract is third on the list. That sucks. I wish it there was less too. I havnt had any neagtive reactions though

Mandelic has really been improving my skin. I hope I am not getting ahead of myself in saying that but overall I would say my complexion is evening out. Unfortunately, I decided to spot treat with my old CP serum and for about 2-3 days everything was fine then I started getting pimples on or near where I was spot treating. No more CP for me. Strange it never did that in the past.

I have relatively clear skin right now but one gigantic cyst on my chin. I have never seen one this big. It hurts, but im thankful its on my chin and not the center of my nose. This one is going to take at least 2-3wks to completely go away. ARGGHHHHHHHH!!!!!!

I recently purchased the tinted version of the neutrogena BP and it stinks as an overall cover -up but when you pat it into indents or pitted scars it gets in there and cakes it up so it almost looks as if there is no scar. It takes my hours to put on foundation on top of the hours of putting on creams. Oh well, its worth it when I notice any improvements and I have been thanks to everyone on this board. Youre my lifesavers!!!!!

i wanna use isotrex (topical retenoid) on my nose because i have black heads and have heard it works for that

could i use that with the MA together?

or is it not advised?